1. 2015 is going to be a great year for Android! Why wait??
    Samsung Galaxy Note 5 | Samsung Galaxy S6 | HTC One M9
  2. New Forum Created: Samsung Gear VR!

[App]Want Samsung Contacts/Address Book On My Evo

1. Drew

Drew Well-Known Member

First, MERRY CHRISTMAS TO ALL! I hope you're having a GREAT day and that Santa was good to you. Now...

I know this is gonna sound odd, but I just gotta ask: Is there a way I can find the Samaung Galaxy SIII Contacts/Address Book App/Widget to install on my Evo 4G LTE?

I've got the Evo and my wife has the Samsung. I LOVE the Evo; I've got the Jelly Bean upgrade and my phone works flawlessly. However, I've always hated the Contacts/Address book. I just don't like the UI. However...I love the Contacts/Address Book on my wife's SIII. I just like the UI a whole lot better. When you bring up a contact to call on the Evo, about half of the Contact's pic is cut off. With the Samsung, you see the whole pic, and the UI overall is just more "user friendly". Yes, it purely "cosmetic" - but I like it.

So - is there an app or widget that is, or similar to, the Samsung GSIII Contacts/Address Book? There are a ton of Contacts apps in the Store - but which one would closest resemble the GSIII?

Thanks in advance for any direction...

Advertisement
    :
  2. marctronixx

marctronixx Moderator Moderator

hello.

moved your question to the app section so more eyes can see and possibly lend help.

I can say, if you root your device, you can do just about anything. instead of that, there may be an app or theme (check the Theme subforum as well) that can get you close to what you want without having to root.
    Drew likes this.
  3. Drew

Drew Well-Known Member

Thanks for the reply. Although I have rooted in the past, I would rather not this time around. Everything works great on my 4G and I'm of the mindset "if it ain't broke, don't fix it". I can live with my Contacts the way they are...I would just like something a little more similar to the SIII Address Book.

Any suggestions? Anyone? Bueller?
  4. sohguanh

sohguanh Well-Known Member

For me I usually find an option Export to SD card within the Contacts app. It will export most (not all) data to the sd card. Then I remove the sd card with the .vcf file and insert into the new phone. Then on new phone, I choose Import from SD card. Key is find out the Export and Import function in different phone brand and model Contacts application.