• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help App wont connect to my location finder on phone

tuggy24g

Mar 23, 2010
Newtown PA
I got a new LG G3 from verizon since my last one had a problem. I recently started to download my apps back onto my new phone. One of the ones I downloaded was geocaching app. Now when ever I go to the app to look at the map of caches. It keeps telling me that it can not determine my location. When ever I go onto an app that has to use the phone GPS an icon appears on the top that indicates that its using GPS. This app does not do that at all. I checked all my location setting. I tried uninstalling the app multiple times. I even tried restarting the phone.

Now on my previous lg g3 it worked fine. Never had an issue with this at all. So I am not sure what to do at this point. Any suggestion on what might be causing this app to not grab the GPS on my phone? Also I have tried other geocaching apps and they all work. I tried the google navigation app and it works fine. So not sure what else to do. any help would be greatly appreciated.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones