• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help App2SD not working on my L3!

Sharan49

Lurker
Dec 6, 2012
I recently bought an LG optimus L3.Downloaded a few apps but internal memory is almost full. I have an 8 GB SD card. I downloaded the app called "App2SD " from the Play Store.But the option to move to SD card isn't showing up in the app when I open it. :-[

This is the link

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1610666&page=56

I've linked some of the system apps like facebook to sd and deleted some I did'nt need like maps got quite a few games installed and apps nothing massive though,still playing with about 40 -50mb system memory, also I used easeus partition manager to partition sd a nice little free program for windows.

Upvote 0
Been with the phone for a week. At first I did what everyone does and update all the apps when first signing in with my google account. Later that day I then tested the stock recovery app to learn it doesn't have a UI, if you go into recovery it immediately just wipes to defaults and reboots. So I was fresh again, I updated just google maps and installed my own apps this second time. Most of my apps allowed me to move to Internal memory from Phone. but even without doing that you have so much more space, just dont update the stock apps like gmail, books, music, google+, maps, street view, youtube. My gmail works just fine, battery usage still lasts two days.

I updated google maps the second time, but after testing it and reverting back the update I noticed no difference in using it (including navigation)
On this phone there's a weird tiling effect with google maps, not sure if its video driver or what. Happens with or without the update.

19 of my own apps installed and I have 59MB available (that includes updated google play and google play services)

Upvote 0
Indeed the solution to get Link2SD working is to create no less than three (3) partitions on your external SD card like described in the link that Rucksak provided:

1. FAT primary (as little as you can)
2. ext2 primary (I use this with link2SD)
3. FAT32 primary (this will be the storage)

Our LG L3 is very quirky in this case. BEWARE: formatting your SD card wipes ALL DATA of course.

Upvote 0
Are you talking about online Nandroid or what? I could be wrong about this phone. I don't have it. I have a Logic. My partitions are a little different also but CWM will not backup the ext on my phone. Since it won't backup I doubt it will restore it.
Yep. Online Nandroid. Since I do have this phone: believe me: it works!

Btw: you can choose where it will backup your stuff. If it cannot find your SD card (or it has too little space left for the backup) you can choose the internal SD memory (or skip certain things to backup). If I were you I'd post the error mess. in a forum about your phone here on androidforms. Discussing this in this topic is pretty useless since only people w/ an L3 read it ... :rolleyes:

Upvote 0
The forum mods have decided the logic & the l3 are the same phone. They are close but not quite.

The Logic using CWM for the L3 can't find the ext to back it up when partitioned like in the post above. Not really a question just FYI for the Logic people following this thread.
Thanks for the info! What brand is the "Logic"? Never heard of it. Or is it a type of phone?

I had a lot of trouble too w/ partitions not being found etc. Until I formatted my (external) SD card in the weird way like above. Maybe the SD on your phone needs to be formatted the "normal apps2SD" way, i.e. two partitions (1= ext2 or ext3; 1= fat32).

I think it's not phone dependent, but Android version dependent... I might be wrong though... Good luck w/ the phone! :)

Upvote 0
The forum mods have decided the logic & the l3 are the same phone. They are close but not quite.

The Logic using CWM for the L3 can't find the ext to back it up when partitioned like in the post above. Not really a question just FYI for the Logic people following this thread.

If we provided separate All Things Root subforums, would that solve the problem here?

Upvote 0
If we provided separate All Things Root subforums, would that solve the problem here?
I have no idea what you're talking about, man. Becoming root is not the problem. And getting link2sd to work either. On the LG E400 L3, that is. But considering that LG Logic is the same as the LG L3 I tried to help the fella. :)

[edit] Adjusted my post because I misunderstood EarlyMon :)

Upvote 0
It isn't really a problem but there does all to be enough difference In the two LGs that another sub category would help. There is yet another called the Dynamic that is so close but still just a little different.

I really don't know the best decision for your forum but since they are so close that a lot of the things work for both it would be nice to keep them close together.

The CWM recovery that I've been using for the Logic phone is the one built for the L3.

Upvote 0
It isn't really a problem but there does all to be enough difference In the two LGs that another sub category would help. There is yet another called the Dynamic that is so close but still just a little different.

I really don't know the best decision for your forum but since they are so close that a lot of the things work for both it would be nice to keep them close together.

The CWM recovery that I've been using for the Logic phone is the one built for the L3.
So the "Logic" is an LG phone? As in "LG Logic"?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones