Apparently, I need a better car chargerAccessories

Last Updated:

1. A.Nonymous

A.Nonymous Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I just got back from a 6 hour round trip road trip. I figured it would be a trial by fire for my DInc as a camera and a GPS unit. As a camera, it functioned admirably. I was thrilled with it. As a GPS unit it worked tolerably except that it drained the battery even though it was plugged in the entire time. The battery was halfway dead by the time I got to my destination and after 3 hours of taking pictures, it was a 15%. I was able to turn off Bluetooth (which I would like to have while I'm driving and using the unit as a GPS of course), and automatic syncing and get it to charge somewhat while I was driving. 3 hours later, it was at 50%. I realize that GPS is a battery hog, but is it really that big of a hog? I was hoping to get to my destination with a full battery. Are all car chargers like this, or did I just get a lemon? Should I abandon my hopes of using my DInc as a GPS unit in the car?

Advertisement
  2. sabrewings

sabrewings Well-Known Member

You need one that follows a new standard allowing the Inc to charge faster than 500mA. Try out the car charger for the LG Dare. People on here have used it with great success.

I personally take my inverter with me and plug in the wall charger that came with the phone. Good luck draining the battery when you have a full 1000mA of current going to it.

3. upther

upther Well-Known Member

4. A.Nonymous

5. upther

upther Well-Known Member

I don't know about those reviews, but it worked fine for me. Not sure why it wouldn't work. All you do is plug the USB cord into it.

6. ehiker

ehiker New Member

Found a Micro USB car charger at my local Fry's today for $3.99. Surprisingly it shows up as "AC charging" in battery info when plugged in. Must be giving the full allowable juice to charge.

Shipping is only $2. May not be the highest quality but it works.
    Link: FRYS.com Bytech 5865763

[​IMG]

7. A.Nonymous

Mine shows AC charging when it's plugged in, but doesn't give the phone enough juice.