• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

AppAware Market and Twitter: What App to get? Look no further!

Droid Ninja

Oct 29, 2009
NJ
icongps.png
AppAware Market and Twitter
icongps.png

"Become aware of which applications are installed right now and/or around you by other Android users!"

That is the description of this app in the Android market but let me tell you, that does not do it justice. This app is so much more than that. Unless you read 50 reviews a day or browse the market for hours at a time, it will take you a long time to find the diamonds in the rough. I am not talking about the popular apps, like Ebay or Sirius/XM, we all know about those. AppAware will help you find the lesser known high quality apps or tell you the ones to stay away from.

screen2ua.jpg

As you can see from pic above, the live update page shows what is being installed, uninstalled or updated. You can also see which phone (and OS version) is doing the activity.

screen1ka.jpg

My favorite part of this app, pictured above, is the "TOP" button which displays the top apps for the past hour, day or week. This is a quick and easy way to see the MOST popular apps. Just click on the app name and you can be sent directly to the Android Market.

The "Twitter" part of this app comes into play when you click on the "Installed" button on the main screen it will take you to a list of all your current installed apps. A long tap on any of the apps will bring up a sub menu with a "share" option. Use this to let your Twitter or Facebook friends know what apps you like or dislike.

One last thing I would like to touch upon. A new feature with version 1.6 is an AppAware widget! Thats right, there is a really really nicely done widget that displays a live feed of the most popular apps in the past hour. A simple click on the app of your choice will bring you right to apps description page. One simple click away from the market!

To sum it all up:
-Very clean interface
-Social networking share-ability
-Awesome Widget
-Direct Android Market access
-Very easy to use

If you guys are looking for a really intuitive and seamless app, then I urge you all to try AppAware. It will help you decide whats hot and whats not. Don't think

Here is a quick video preview that will wrap up some of which I wrote about in here. You can see the app in action and some of the really nice features.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4o1uhRh4CCI

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones