1. Introducing Channels - a new way to chat with other Android users!
    Dismiss Notice

Appbrain APK?

Last Updated:

1. thegman

thegman Member This Topic's Starter

Hi all,
    I'd like to put Appbrain on my Compaq Airlife 100, but I think their website thinks my Airlife is not an Android device as the page which I think is supposed to have the link on it says something like "Navigate here on your Android device", but of course, the Airlife *is* and Android device.

Anyway, anyone know where I can just download the APK file? There is no Marketplace on the Airlife, so I can't get it there.

It's a free application, so I'm not sure why it's so difficult to come by. I managed to get an old APK (version 2), but it crashed all the time, I'd like to try 3.2.1 and see if the issues are resolved.

Cheers

Garry

Advertisement
  2. Aaronneyer

Aaronneyer Well-Known Member

Just so you know, Appbrain will not let you install non-market apps, all it does is link you to the page in the marketplace for the app you are looking for, so without a marketplace, Appbrain won't do you a whole lot of good.

3. thegman

I see, seems I misunderstood how it worked, looks like I'm back to just hunting around for downloads.

4. frankbonatelli

frankbonatelli Well-Known Member

Can you not install the market apk into your unit? There is a site I found that had the market apk posted. You could try running that. go here if you want to try that.

5. thegman

Thanks for the link, but I tried to install it and it simply says "Market cannot be installed on this device".

6. koppit

koppit Well-Known Member

I believe it's only for specific devices - you may need to change the rom - stuck in the same boat as yesterday :)

7. thegman

Hmm, I'll have to see if any alternative ROMs appear then..

wjohns024 likes this.