1. Introducing Channels - a new way to chat with other Android users!
    Dismiss Notice

AppBrain App Market: Great Utility

Last Updated:

1. rufioxiii

rufioxiii Guest This Topic's Starter

While the simple UI leaves you wanting more to it, the App is fully functional and works amazingly well at what it does-

[​IMG]

What does it do you ask?

Well, lets say you are flashing a new ROM onto your phone, and you want to build a list of Killer Apps to include on your new, SUPER quick phone.

With App brain? NO PROBLEM.

It links with your Google account, so you don't need to create a separate account.

Once you have flashed the ROM, download AppBrain, and click 'Manage my apps'

[​IMG]

Then, 'Sync with AppBrain'

Now you have a list of all the apps you have installed, and the ones you have on your install list on AppBrain.

Hit 'Perform installs' and now AppBrain will start downloading and installing all the apps you have on your install list, and you can sit back and enjoy that you don't have to go back through and look for EVERY SINGLE APP that you want.

Now, this list is permanent and linked to your account, so switch your ROMS at will and rest at ease about your apps making it back to your phone.

Next on this AWESOME APP is that you have Recommendations based on your app preferences. You like Handcent? maybe there is something better out there.. and AppBrain is going to take you there. You like Dolphin HD? Maybe you will like Opera better.. You may even find apps that you would never have found before if it weren't for that recommendation.

[​IMG]

Also, you of course have your Hot Apps section, letting you know what all the buzz is about on certain apps. Once you look at who is downloading what, come back here and see what people have reviewed about that app on here.

Finally you have viewed now on AppBrain. This could be one of the coolest things, you get to see what users are currently looking at, and judge on whether that app could be in your interest, and possibly be something that would not be listed under your recommendations.

[​IMG]

All in all, AppBrain is the first app to bridge your computer and phone and bring your apps within touching distance for you.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WER2tq16OQ8

Advertisement
  2. AnotherFatalEpic

AnotherFatalEpic Well-Known Member

This is neat!

First couple tries the app couldn't connect or something. And now it says synchronizing apps with AppBrain for about 10 minutes.

But I can see my apps on the AppBrain site so I know it's almost working!

EDIT:

OK I had to force close because of the syncing issue, but I just tried it again its good. This app found updates for me on the Market (before the Market noticed the updates) that weren't installing even though they were on 'auto-update', I find this a little impressive.

UPDATE: Holy smokes it even categorized all the apps on my phone... nice!

3. AnotherFatalEpic

AnotherFatalEpic Well-Known Member

EDIT:

They never responded to me but the app has been updated and everything works great. I like that I can browse apps on my PC and push them to my phone as I please. :D

4. Jofaba

Jofaba Well-Known Member

Seems locked out of use for the Aria.

What I'd really like is to be able to browse the app store on my laptop which has a lot more screen real estate, and have options of sorting by popularity, downloads, etc (similar to download.com). Then I could just type them into search on my phone and install them. Blah!

5. jblack

jblack Member

Does any one of you know how to install the AppBrain App Market -application if they cannot access Android Market to begin with? Their install page has links to the Adnroid Market only.

6. pWndYke

pWndYke Banned

Very nice review 5/5.