1. Introducing Channels - a new way to chat with other Android users!
    Dismiss Notice

Appbrain vs Appmarket

Last Updated:

1. HTC

HTC Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Help a brother out. I'm getting my nexus one shipped to me tomorrow, and Im doing some research. Is this appbrain completely different from the Appmarket or do they have some of the same apps or whats going on? o_O?

Advertisement
  2. llessur

llessur Active Member

Appbrain has the same apps as the market, but it is much easier to ise. You setup a free account on AppBrain - the best Android apps and games on the Android market and download the appbrain on your phone from the market. Then you will need to install "fast web installer", which will allow you to install apps over the air.

Log into your App Brain account from your PC to manage your apps including downloading, installing, and uninstalling.

This service is nice and easy to use.

3. Hegemony

Hegemony Well-Known Member

To clarify, AppBrain is just an indexer of the Android Market. It does not "have" apps. It just points your phone to the files on Google's Market servers. The Fast Web Installer will only do OTA installs with free apps, because the pay system for apps is tied to the actual Market app.

If just using the AppBrain app (i.e not the Fast Installer), it just links you to pages in the Android market app. AppBrain is a good service to use, but it's hindered by the fact that is is a third-party set up. The site is well designed and helps surface good apps, though.

HTC likes this.
  4. llessur

llessur Active Member

Thanks Hegemony, for the elaboration. :)