• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Append current time when sending SMS

Ekimmike

Lurker
Feb 14, 2016
Hi. I was wondering if anyone knows of an app that will automatically append the time when an SMS is sent. Similar to Johannes Zweng's "SMS Sent Time", but in reverse. The reason is I'm often inpoor reception areas and SMS's that I send don't necessarily send straight away. This would give some proof that I sent an SMS at a specific time to the receiver.

Yes, I know thw receiver can check the sent time themselves, but I'd like it displayed in the SMS. Something "Hi Jack, leaving for the airport now. (Sent 14/02/2016 18:26).

I use "SMS Sent Time" and it is a great way to see when an SMS was sent to me, even though it could be hours before it hits my inbox. I'd like the people I send SMS's to know when I sent it.3

Maybe there is some sort of fancy VCard that has the date/time embedded that could be sent with each SMS. But is would be cleaner to just have some simple text.

Many thanks,

Michael

I see there is an xposed module to do exactly that
http://forum.xda-developers.com/xposed/modules/mod-append-timestamp-to-outgoing-sms-t3055589

Xposed requires root and then a little more fiddling. Also not all xposed modules work with all android versions. This particular module is offered as apk which makes me nervous...I prefer to stick with open source modules.

Could be done in tasker if you're willing to build your own tasker interface for sending sms and send all your sms from there (sms sent from tasker do show up in your regular sms app just as if you'd sent them from there). Easier tasker programming approach is to have a shortcut to l tasker tall to populate clipboard with time and date, and just remember to manually activate shortcut and paste at end of every message.

Last edited:
Reactions: El Presidente
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones