Apple at it again

Last Updated:

1. Bramsy

Bramsy Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

i apologize that this isnt under 'general discussion' but seeing that this is the most popular category, i think it's ok. 94,000 posts?! GOO DROID!

focus

Apple decrees death to "cookie-cutter" iPhone apps

why did i post this? the first comment struck my fancy. how many apps do they have now with the cutting back?? yeah i know, it's still a ton but its got to be considerably less, yeah?

Advertisement
  2. refuzeandrezizt

refuzeandrezizt Well-Known Member

Yeah, it's funny to me when iPhone people yell about how many apps they have. Most of those apps are junk. I had the iPhone, and digging through all those useless apps was sooooooo much fun. I haven't really found anything that I was using on the iPhone that didn't have a comparable version in the Android market. Just saying ;-)

3. Bramsy

Bramsy Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

is there an official way to see how many apps are out there Googs vs. snApple?

4. TheBrit

TheBrit Well-Known Member

Hmmmm...I actually agree with this...and that scares me :confused:

5. inspiron41

inspiron41 Well-Known Member

i thought these applications are approved through some sophisticated apple screening process (sarcastically). you would think they figure out if there are multiple copies of same application out there.

there should be some screening of android apps too. there are some junk applications that dont work. but i guess it's mostly because some applications are broken on different OS

6. TheBrit

TheBrit Well-Known Member

I guess crapple were letting them through so they could claim to have the most apps. Now they've hit the 100,000 it's become a real problem finding the good stuff among all the rubbish.

7. radikal

radikal Well-Known Member

yeah drop the number of apps. is what they are going to do