• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Austin2048

Sep 3, 2010
is there a way i can get iphone earbuds to work on my myTouch Slide? have it so the volume buttons change the songs and the middle button pauses music and answers and hangs up calls? the iphone earbuds fit my ears much better than the one that come with the myTouch Slide do but they dont work :(

Apple uses a proprietary system for the volume controls on their newer headsets. Almost considered a "handshake" of sorts depending on what iPhone or iPod you have. When using them with any other phone, only the center click works for answering calls. Even older iPhone models don't support the headset with remote. A prime example is the iPhone 3G which doesn't support the volumebkeys etc.

I too am not a fan of the HTC earbuds, but they did take a step in the right direction with playback controls. I only wish volume was in the mix.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones