1. 2015 is going to be a great year for Android! Why wait??
    Samsung Galaxy Note 5 | Samsung Galaxy S6 | HTC One M9
  2. New Forum Created: Samsung Gear VR!

Apple Earpods not working with GS3Support

1. abgs3

abgs3 New Member

I just bought the Apple Earpods headphones but the microphone does not work with my GS3. All I get is a high pitch sound every time I try to record something. On a side not, they do work with my friends GS2. Anyone else experiencing this or is it just my phone. Any recommendations on how to get it to work? Thanks.

Advertisement
    :
  2. Sayasugizo

Sayasugizo Well-Known Member

Does the earphones that comes with the GS3 not work on your phone?
    funkylogik likes this.
  3. funkylogik

funkylogik share the love peeps ;) VIP Member

Different standards bro.
    Why would apple wana use industry standard. Same with sammy...
  4. BigCiX

BigCiX Well-Known Member

Hold down the volume buttons and then insert the headphones into your phone. You will be able to control music but when u get a call in they won't be able to hear you at all.
  5. skatejake51

skatejake51 Member

I guess even Apples headphones are proprietary too. haha
  6. abgs3

abgs3 New Member

Yes, the earphones that came with my SG3 work fine but I really like the new Earpods from Apple. I just wondered if it was my phone or if they don't work with any SG3.
  7. abgs3

abgs3 New Member

Yes, the control buttons work fine but the microphone does not. Is it just AT&T GS3 phones or any GS3 phone?
  8. TheMuddyPaws

TheMuddyPaws Well-Known Member

That is interesting. I have a Verizon S3 but do not have a set of earpods yet. I just noticed last night that the apple earbuds do not control volume on my S3. I don't know about the mic.
  9. Rxpert83

Rxpert83 Dr. Feelgood Moderator

Yep, as mentioned, apples headphones are proprietary.

Nothing like locking people into your system and making them spend more to get out of it.
  10. Masoom25

Masoom25 Member

yes apple earpods doesnt control volume but mic works fine most of time on my uk vodafone s3.
  11. BigCiX

BigCiX Well-Known Member

It's all Android phones.
  12. THE W

THE W Well-Known Member

you dont say..
  13. slurp812

slurp812 Active Member

Android phones will usually be standard, iPhone stuff, never.
  14. MicroNix

MicroNix Well-Known Member

Yeah, buying anything Apple = proprietary slop that only works well with Apple's ecosystem.
  15. Rivery

Rivery Member

Thanks. At least I now know it's not just me. The apple buds are more comfortable but with no control, I may have to use the buds that came with the SG3. Unfortunate.
  16. aldo82

aldo82 Well-Known Member

its a shame about the earpods but thats apple for you. I don't like the ear canal style earphones - despite the different sizes I have never managed to find any that stayed in my ear! The apple earpods work really well for me so I've just learnt to accept their limitations. play and pause works as does double tap to skip a track (in google play music anyway). Volume doesn't and I don't use it for calls so no prob for me. I used to be an apple fanboy but I've wised up to their ploy to trap people into their ecosystem by making everything proprietry! when I next upgrade my computer with something non apple, the apple earpods will be the only piece of apple kit I have left!
  17. dan330

dan330 Well-Known Member

i bet you can find a standard headphone that will work on android phones.. that have the same style design as the earpods.. look on amazon or ebay
  18. quickaudi

quickaudi Well-Known Member Contributor

To make the ear pods work, search for a Meelec TRRS to TRRS adapter
  19. rcarmichael

rcarmichael New Member

Just to stop anyone reading this wasting money, the Meelec TRRS to TRRS adapter does not work. At the moment, the best solution I can find, and am using, is purchasing a universal headphone inline Mic.