• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Apple guy here. Potential crossover.

I crossed over from iPhone to Android...so far so good. Things are different but not that bad.

I don't think I would have come over had there not been the ability to ROOT the phone, as all my iPhones were jailbroken, there was no way I could tolerate not having full access to my device.

One thing that hit me was the amount of bloatware AT&T sticks on the Captivate. Flashing the ROM to Serendipity took care of that quickly and also gave me Froyo instead of the stock Eclair.

I think you should give Android a shot. :cool:

Upvote 0
Been hearing alot about Android so I joined to see what the fuss is all about.
Currently, I make a living repairing iPhones and iPads... Maybe I'll get into Droids, is there a market for that?

The good thing about your expertise.....there is ALWAYS room for people like you on both sides of the fence. Android devices need just as much repair as Apple devices. lol

Upvote 0
Been hearing alot about Android so I joined to see what the fuss is all about.
Currently, I make a living repairing iPhones and iPads... Maybe I'll get into Droids, is there a market for that?

Of course there is. Especially bricked ones (I'm assuming you know how to get your hands on those secret-hush-hush tech tools to reflash factory firmware), cracked screens (They crack almost as often as iPhones/iPods/etc).

And it never hurts to "play both sides" lol; "You know, this iPhone you got is kinda old, why not buy this refurbed Android one from me?" and then 2 weeks later,"This Droid you got is in pretty bad shape. I've got this refurbed iPhone here?" ;)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones