apple Hands free set with Motorola Droid

Last Updated:

1. droidforever

droidforever New Member This Topic's Starter

So I bought and Apple handsfree set (stereo headphones and mic) for the Droid.

I can't seem to hang up on a call by clicking the mic. I can accept calls by clicking on the mic, but clicking on the mic while in a call seems to just mute the phone.

That's a useful feature, but does anyone know how to hang up on a call using the Apple handsfree set on the Droid?

Advertisement
  2. droidforever

Come on folks, I'm sure somebody out there is using an Apple handsfree with the Droid...does anyone know how to hang up a call using it?

3. GolfnDroid

GolfnDroid Well-Known Member

Shouldn't ever mix Apples with.... sorry couldn't resist!;)

4. droidforever

:) well, I like the apple handsfree...just the right length, non-bulky mic, decent sound, only $29

Was gonna go for the Motorola S9 bluetooth headset, but then didn't want to see an advt for a news item going -
    "Are you one of the millions who use a bluetooth headset to listen to music for hours every day? If so, you might have brain cancer!!"

5. titan253

titan253 New Member

my ultimate ears 170vi's do the same thing, mutes instead of hanging up and will only skip one song if you do a long press. after that it just puts it into a one song party shuffle. i hope its a os problem that can be edited somehow but i dunno

6. Fabolous

Fabolous Superuser VIP Member

Hey guys, if your headsets are the one button click kind, you can try the app 'Droid Shuffle'. It adds a lot of functionality to those headsets.

If you're unlucky like me and bought a newer Apple compatible headset that has the volume clicker as well, then it's straight up incompatible with the Droid (Android in general).

It has something to do with the Apple interface chip inside.

NeoteriX and jelte12345 like this.
  7. Snowman

Snowman Well-Known Member

I was hoping that there would be an app that allows ending calls from the headset.

Good looking out fabo

8. titan253

titan253 New Member

thanks man, ill give it a try

wow finally, my headset can now be used to its fullest potential lol. thanks again fab