• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Apple renditions of classic landmarks

brava27

Jul 5, 2012
S3 user, with an ipod Touch and tech reader.
I realized that iOS 6 does not have Google Maps or youtube installed anymore.

Is this because of that lawsuit? Is Apple sticking it to Google, or is Google sticking it to Apple?

Anyone know what the deal is here?
Love google to death and Apple is kinda lost here.

The Statue of Liberty
A3LbLE2CUAEiZA6.jpg

More fun at link
http://gizmodo.com/5944672/apples-new-3d-maps-turn-your-world-into-an-apocalyptic-horror-show

Upvote 0
For those of you with iPads, once you upgrade to iOS6, you will lose the native youtube app, AND your only replacement is the youtube app for the iPhone. Yes, iPhone. There is no app optimized for the iPad yet.

It's something to consider if you used the native youtube app a lot on your ipad. I'm holding off updating my ipad2 until I see a tablet youtube app get released.

Reactions: dan330
Upvote 0
This is what happens when you let your hardware refresh drive your software release schedule, and your rivalry with Google to take priority over functionality. I admit that I am surprised that they slipped this badly though.

Even the Apple blogs seem unable to find a positive spin. As for how it's being reported in the media over here, there's the BBC's take or the Guardian's (love the final quote in that one).

Meanwhile, here's someone's collection of errors on tumblr.

Reactions: breadnatty08
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones