• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Apple style (dialer) and/or (text) apps?

lyphe

Lurker
Mar 17, 2010
Curious if anyone knows about DIALER or TEXTING apps to replace the standard ones that look more similar to the clean apple style ones.

I've been scouring all the apps I can find, and cannot simple reskins of those apps. Everything appears to be geared toward adding a new feature, or speedcalling, etc.

All this kid wants is a different looking DIALER and TEXTER, but I can't find one. Anyone able to help?

Thx in advance :) Lyphe

I had the iPhone and 3GS before getting my droid. Don't know about dialer, but for texting get Handcent.

Set it to use the iPhone skin, then you can customize further from there if you want like on a jailbroken phone. I downloaded some extra fonts, etc. Also you get a pop up for quick replies. And Handcent is free.

Definitely one of the best apps on my phone and made me miss my iPhone less.

After you download it make sure you set up your notifications in handcent, then open the stock messaging app and disable notifications or you will get 2 notifications for every text.

Upvote 0
I had the iPhone and 3GS before getting my droid. Don't know about dialer, but for texting get Handcent.

Set it to use the iPhone skin, then you can customize further from there if you want like on a jailbroken phone. I downloaded some extra fonts, etc. Also you get a pop up for quick replies. And Handcent is free.

Definitely one of the best apps on my phone and made me miss my iPhone less.

After you download it make sure you set up your notifications in handcent, then open the stock messaging app and disable notifications or you will get 2 notifications for every text.

I/A with Handcent

Have mine set to Iphone skin now.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones