Apple sub forum in lounge

Last Updated: 2012-09-15 16:13:15
  1. ajdroidx

ajdroidx Well-Known Member

Can I make a request at the expense of possibly getting burnt to a crisp!?

Its a serious request and in no way meant to cause friction or what not.

Can we get an Apple sub forum in the lounge?

The reason? I see Apple stuff being posted about once a day in the lounge so I think it would be nice to have all those post in one little area. Another reason for this thought is, well, Apple is our direct competitor, what they do (and sue) could effect us Android users. A lot of Android users are interested in tech, no matter who makes the tech. I for one have an interest in what Apple is going to shoot down the pipeline next. Yeah, sure, I do bash them a bit, I do use their products. I am using a MBP right now to write this.

If Apple post are going to pop up, I think perhaps they could all be corralled into one sub forum for (hopefully) easy findings.

Now, I do understand that doing this could cause some friction and flaming, but it probably does now anyway and, after all, this is an android forum.

Just a thought :)

Advertisement
  2. ninadchaudhari

ninadchaudhari What's up !

Its better in Suggestion&Feedback Section :)
    Better for Phasis to have a look ;)
  3. scary alien

scary alien not really so scary Moderator

After our discussion with Steven, I've moved the thread back to the Private Chat area pending confirmation from ajdroidx that its better / okay to have in the Suggestion and Feedback forum.

Thanks and sorry for the confusion! :)
  4. jerofld

jerofld Fixing stuff is not easy VIP Member

I think Pear and Banana would get jealous if Apple had their own subforum. Strawberry generally is pretty laid back about everything.

Joking aside, maybe we could actually amend the comparison forum to host the Apple discussions, as well. Seeing how most Apple discussions revolve around comparing them against Androids anyhow.
  5. AntimonyER

AntimonyER AF Addict VIP Member

I am ok with that. I think I even put one on there already. :)
  6. ajdroidx

Figured I would post in the wrong section. Sorry all :)
    I only usually visit about 4 forums on this whole thing. Yeah, it can be moved if needed :)
    scary alien likes this.
  7. ajdroidx

Pears and bananas don't get involved in litigation as far as I know :p
  8. AntimonyER

AntimonyER AF Addict VIP Member

I moved it to suggestions and feedback per your agreement :)
    scary alien likes this.
  9. SUroot

SUroot Well-Known Member Developer

The problem is many Apple threads ("Incite hate" is not the term)... End up in heated debate about how bad apple are.

If we put all these threads in one place, there is a single location to attract trolls and just show how open minded we are not.
  10. MacFett

MacFett Well-Known Member

And in putting them all in one place, it makes them easier to avoid.

I was just coming to post this same request. Looking at the first page of the Lounge it appears that nearly half of the visible threads were about apple.

Really making me want to avoid the lounge for the next couple months, that is for sure.
    NightAngel79 likes this.
  11. SUroot

SUroot Well-Known Member Developer

Fair point but you still have to wait for threads to be moved
  12. davoid

davoid Well-Known Member

I feel sorry for the mods; it would be like entering some lawless ghetto, like a sheriff needing to keep his gun on display. And the saloon goes quiet...
  13. dautley

dautley VIP Member VIP Member

14. jerofld

jerofld Fixing stuff is not easy VIP Member

Yes, but the forums are not linked directly. For example, I couldn't move a thread from here to there. Also there is a fair bit amount of curiosity with what Apple does here, and there are those who make the jump across OSes all the time that will keep some degree of discussion here.
  15. Kelmar

Kelmar Done by choice VIP Member

There was an "other phone (android and non-android)" section created a year or two ago for this very reason. You can always report the thread and ask a member of staff to move the thread(s) in question to that forum. :)
    EarlyMon and MacFett like this.
  16. MacFett

MacFett Well-Known Member

Thank Kelmar, I didn't know that area existed. Will have to check it out later.
  17. Kelmar

Anytime!

With the number of forums and subforums this place has it's a miracle anytime can remember half of them! :D
  18. dautley

dautley VIP Member VIP Member

The day a Apple forum shows up is the day it's time to move on to a new android forum, I have learned to live with lag and ads but not a Apple forum. Nope, noway, ban me now! :)
  19. Kelmar

Sorry... makes no sense to me. ;)

It's ok to discuss apple and ios but not have a general spot to do it? What about dual booting etc... still no at that point???

Yeah, this will always be an ANDROID forum but failing to adapt and grow and learn would mean that we as humans just rolled back a few centuries. It's 2012... I thought we would all be a bit more "tolerant" by this point! :p
    NightAngel79 and Xyro like this.
  20. sammyz

sammyz LG Whiz Kid Guide

About the dual booting,
    IPhones can run android....not very well because everyone who owns an iPhone thinks iOS is better than android...so development on that is basically non-existent.....but you can still put android on an iPhone/iPod.
  21. bberryhill0

bberryhill0 Well-Known Member

I didn't expect to find it under Android Phones. :p
    http://androidforums.com/other-phones-android-non-android/

Unfortunately Tapatalk can't follow that link.
  22. breadnatty08

breadnatty08 pain rustique VIP Member

bberryhill0 likes this.
  23. bberryhill0

bberryhill0 Well-Known Member

Odd. It just opens my default (Favorites). Incredible 2 running ICS. The same thing happened with the Tasker forum link.