Apple trys to patent notification center?

Last Updated:

1. jhawkkw

jhawkkw Chinchillin' Moderator

2. nickdalzell

nickdalzell Well-Known Member Contributor

Fight between whom? android doesn't even have app badges yet (which is a shame).

I'm really surprised Apple didn't raise hell with all the Android Siri clones out there
  3. jhawkkw

I say a fight, at least in court, if it gets approved because Google filed for a patten on the notification panel back in 2009 Google's Patent and it was awarded.
  4. nickdalzell

nickdalzell Well-Known Member Contributor

I don't remember iOS ever having an Android style notification area, I'm using my iPad now and all the top ever shows is time, signal strength, and battery remaining. Apple does have app badges I really like so I don't have to go into each app one by one to see anything new, and my top status bar remains uncluttered. I wish Google would make app badges a feature though so the status bar isn't constantly filled with icons
  5. MIKES3

MIKES3 Active Member

I was a previous iPad 2 owner. I decided to convert. I'm a little tired of Apple trying to take over through the courts.

I think they are scuuurrrred
  6. jhawkkw

I hope with the recent patent overturns apple has had recently, that the USPTO will start looking at apple patent applications with a little more scrutiny. This is probably nothing more than hope as it probably won't change anything.