Apple's next iPhone

Last Updated:

1. BRAINZ2013

BRAINZ2013 Well-Known Member Contributor

Not to cut in but can anyone get this fingure print thing and see if it can be ported over for any android . Apple think they hot shines we need to put them in place

2. dan330

dan330 Well-Known Member

the finger print thing.. requires a hardware scanner to see your fingerprints.
    so porting it to any phone that dont have that hardware.. would be useless.

besides.. that is an OLD feature.. the moto atrix did that over a year ago.
    apples implementation might be better.. witih newer hardware and software.
    Codegerm and Rxpert83 like this.
  3. Rxpert83

Rxpert83 Dr. Feelgood Moderator

besides.. that is an OLD feature.. the moto atrix did that over a year ago.
    apples implementation might be better.. witih newer hardware and software.[/QUOTE]

Correct... Others had fingerprint scanners first, and there's a reason they didn't catch on.

Similar to how HTC tried 3D screens on the EVO 3D, abandoning it the following year

Just apples yearly refresh to catch up to android ;):cool:
  4. EarlyMon

EarlyMon The PearlyMon Moderator

Fingerprint scanner -

5. rabidhunter

rabidhunter Well-Known Member Contributor

Personally, I think that the biggest innovator so far goes to Motorola. Call it what you will, but in every review of the Moto X, DROID Maxx, DROID Ultra, and DROID Mini; Active Notifications and Touchless Control pop up time and time again as the coolest features, many of the reviewers stating that they don't know how they lived without those features.

Also up there on the innovation scale is the HTC One. I love the fact that the speakers are built in the front. That's where they should be, but that's also why I put Moto first, is becuase HTC One put something that should be in all phones. It just makes too much sense, it's the way it should be.
  6. sfbloodbrother

sfbloodbrother Well-Known Member

I think Samsung has some good ideas too. The galaxy note line are some really useful tools that I haven't seen in other devices.
    Rxpert83 likes this.
  7. Rxpert83

The S-pen is innovative, but really can only be taken advantage of on a phone as big as the note or galaxy tablets.

The rest of touchwiz gives me a giant feeling of "Meh" :D
  8. gtbarry

gtbarry Well-Known Member

9. kfxguy

kfxguy Member

Well I was hoping that they would mix things up a bit and not continue on the same boring path they are still going down.......and skip the refresh and built a better phone that's a worthy competitor.
  10. Gmash

Gmash Well-Known Member

Why only neon colors for the 5c? They didn't think any grown adults might want one? They could have at least made a black one just in case lol.
  11. Revenant Ghost

Revenant Ghost Disabled

Go go, Power Rangers! Except the Black and Red Rangers wised up and got Androids instead. :p
  12. Bnice

Bnice Guest

Now watch Apple get a pass on building a plastic phone. For years they dis Samsung on the cheap plastic feel of their phones not to mention other OEM that build plastic phones. Let the innovation and praises begin on how Apple plastic iphone is well built and done right..
  13. Gmash

Gmash Well-Known Member

Not to mention it was supposed to be a cheaper option to help them compete in China, but it's still $550 off contact. Hence, the terrible stock market reaction.
  14. ari-free

ari-free Well-Known Member

15. ari-free

ari-free Well-Known Member

16. kate

kate Dreaming of Bugdroid. Guide

Great point.

The white iPhone 5C is the only adult looking one, but most people I know don't want a white cell phone.
  17. mikedt

mikedt 你好 Guide

I thought white cellphones were all the rage now.
  18. DanJ

DanJ Active Member

The design of 5S is as iPhone 5 but it was supposed to be, as it is just the S=same version. Even Samsung's smartphones have nearly the same design from years, S4 is improved S3, Note 2 and 3 are improved Note, so no complain for design.

Camera was something that was supposed to be 12/13 MP but Apple is claiming that its camera performance has improved. That can be judged only when it comes in my hand.

Touch ID is impressive, sure it is an old technology but implementing it on a smartphone in most efficient manner is what matters and they have done it brilliantly.

Better processor, M7 motion co-processor for sharper graphics, iOS 7 looks awesome, 64 bit architecture, and more.
    There are overall 70 changes in iPhone 5S compared to their previous phone.

Looks like Apple have done a nice job in improving their iPhone and we should agree on that.
    EarlyMon likes this.
  19. DanJ

DanJ Active Member

Agree, they were supposed to offer 5C in black too, but adults can have a white one. :)
  20. nickdalzell

nickdalzell Well-Known Member Contributor

I get a bit concerned when folks post data from the Mythbusters and expect us to consider that a credible scientific source.
  21. Codegerm

Codegerm Well-Known Member

Something to think about before you think the fingerprint scanner is the coolest "end all" thing.

Why biometrics don't work

I am a technician in the security industry, and I find that fingerprint biometrics really aren't used very much, and when they are used it is in combination with something else like a password or RFID

I am sure there are iPhone users out there that will enjoy it and tout it, but it is just "bells, whistles, and flashy lights".
    Rxpert83 likes this.
  22. Rxpert83

Its equivalent to our face unlock.

Interesting, but you'd never want to entrust it to keep something private
    Codegerm likes this.
  23. joesixpack

joesixpack Well-Known Member

Hey Gmash:

They didn't do to 5-C in black (or any other color someone over the age of 12 would carry) so you'll pony up more $$$ for the 5-S. Why would you even think Apple would give you a choice on anything!

Or you could put your 5-C in a black case...
    Or you could put your black 5-S in a colorful case..

Starting to get confused again. Head hurting...
  24. EarlyMon

EarlyMon The PearlyMon Moderator

I can dig it.

The 64-bit change I won't expect to be right until an update or two from now. I own Apple products and that's something I've been able to count on with every major change. Every iP4s early adopter I knew hated it but it got better.

The camera sounds great, but the proof is as you say and we'll see. Apple and Sony really seem to be trying in that area.

As for 70 changes - when marketing counts more feature changes than people use in total, I just change the channel. :D

The iPhones 4 and 4s were phones of their day in honest tech terms, for those that liked an iPhone. I don't know what the iPhone 5 was supposed to be but the iPhone 5s seems like more of an honest product again.

In my opinion. :)

PS - I still agree with my own comment on the touch id and agree with its comparison to face recognition - omgwthc. :D
    Rxpert83 likes this.
  25. Rxpert83