1. Introducing Channels - a new way to chat with other Android users!
    Dismiss Notice

Applicaiton rating with Froyo?

Last Updated:

1. Sytar

Sytar Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Nov 23, 2009
    I am wondering why people are so quick to give an application a 1 star rating becuase it dosn't work with the latest and greatest update. This is alwasys going to happen, and there is nothing that most developers can do.

When you have an application that you have been using for a long time, and then you get updated to the new update, and that app breaks, does it instantly make the app crap? No. It simply needs to be worked on and updated to meet with the new standards.

I have seen at least 6 apps that I recently was looking at that all had about 10+ ratings of 1 star all because it didn't work on Froyo. They even state that I love this app, and it was awsome, but doesn't work with Froyo. If you LOVE it and it is AWSOME, why give it 1 star? Why not just give it a mid rating and make your notes.

I am not an application developer, but I do rely a lot on user comments to figure out what do install or not. When I see an app that was getting perfect ratings, and then all the sudden starts dropping quick, I worry that a recent update broke it and tend to avoid it.

This is just my $.02... If it is a great app, give it he accurate rating. If it dosn't work on your phone, let the dev know and check later to see if they updated it, don't give it a BAD rating.