• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Apps Application database?

*[Q] app with database?

Ok so im familiar with eclipse and unity and such, but my company which is an oil field company asked me to make an app for them. I have made guide type apps as well as a cpl games but what they want is something I have never done. What they want is an app that the employees can put in data from the field reports like well head pressures gas rates etc.. This app will require multiple tabs for seperator, well heads, readings, as well as data for equipment worked on. They also wamt to make it to wjere the app will allow an administrative log in and employee log in. Where the admin can add or delete data.. the employee can only add. This all sound fairly simple with the design but how do I get it to wjere this info is shared with multiple employees from the same database. Any info is greatly appreciated.

Put the database on a web server. Write two apps, one with add and update (and select, so you can select the record to update) capability, the other with only the add capability enabled. (You write the main supervisor app, then just disable the supervisory functions, buttons, displays, for the field worker app.)

Every user just connects to the website, using the app, and enters/modifies the data. It's a standard database interface, just using Android apps instead of desktop programs, as the user interface.

Upvote 0
So what your saying is, create a website and then create a template that feeds off of the site? My buddy made a website for someone then created a template or something and then he was able to bring up the website on his phone. This is kind of what im trying to do. Yet I dont know how to make a d atabased website where you can imput info through web browser and mobile.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones