1. Introducing Channels - a new way to chat with other Android users!
    Dismiss Notice

"Application Drawer" app?

Last Updated:

1. kr3w1

kr3w1 Active Member This Topic's Starter

Hi. Easy/quick question. I currently have openhome installed on my droid. I am considering not using it seeing as it sometimes screws up and slows everything down/freezes. two aspects about it though that i absolutely love are the additional home screens (i currently use 5) and the application drawer that is always there.

If i quit using it, the only thing i couldn't live without would be the app drawer. Having my browser, messages, market, etc right there but not always visible all the time is awesome. Is there an app i could replace this function with if i were to stop using OpenHome?

Also, wouldn't mind an app that let me have 5 home screens but wasn't so buggy....but that's not the main issue.

Thanks!!

Advertisement
  2. Szadzik

Szadzik Well-Known Member

Try HelixLauncher.

3. latinmaxima

latinmaxima Well-Known Member

^^Agreed. Works great on the Samsung Moment. Allows up to seven screens and 4 shortcuts on the drawer!

4. gbwis54301

gbwis54301 Member

I'll have to check out this "app drawer" thing. I was disappointed it was missing in the 2.1 upgrade. I've been using the free Apps Organizer which lets you label apps and create folders with those apps in them.

5. re410

re410 Member

Give Home++ a try.

6. kr3w1

kr3w1 Active Member This Topic's Starter

thanks for the suggestions.

I am currently giving HelixLauncher a try. It isn't exactly what iw as looking for but looks like it does basically everything i had mentioned. It is (so far) MUCH smoother than OpenHome and i like the 4 dedicated shortcuts on the bottom at all time.

I would still like some sort of "drawer" where i can hide the icons and pull them out at any time. (just a small one, like on the side maybe) I like to keep my "home" pane empty except for my beautiful widgets clock.

any other suggestions?

7. chellemonkey

chellemonkey Member

Try go launcher you can have 5 shortcuts on the bottom (standard middle is app drawer) but you can even scroll through those and have as many as 15 you can even put folders in the app drawer.you can have as few as 3 or as many as 30 screens....plus more of course

8. genuser

genuser Well-Known Member

ADW Launcher is best in class. Adding and rearranging home screens is a snap. Hiding and grouping in app drawer is supported. I love it.

9. Matt Pasta

Matt Pasta Member

Spot on. Also you can customize your app draw in a pinch to almost any degree.

10. xSithxSaviorx

xSithxSaviorx Well-Known Member

GO launcher is getting really good, id recommend trying it, there is also Helix, ADW, Launcher Pro, Home++, and many others, but ADW and Launcher Pro are the most talked about. ADW and Launcher Pro have free versions, but they also have paid versions, one called ADW Ex, and the other is Launcher Pro Plus, but i recently started to use GO launcher and i like it the most and its free.