• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [Application] Eris Master Application [R00T]

instructions say to download the drivers file? drivers for what? and wheres the file?...

Drivers for the USB. To cut out all of the running around I was doing, it's a lot easier if you also download HTC Sync. After I did that, I didn't have any more issues rooting. I don't have the link right now but a google search should get you there.

Upvote 0
apparent from some log files i have been seeing and some reports here and on xda there are a bunch of issues people are running into with the app. the biggest thing im seeing is people trying to use it on win xp, even tho it is stated that it doesnt work well with xp, or at all for that matter as the files will fail to download correctly.

we are working on getting new code to get it working with xp. been EXTREMELY busy with our own life / jobs / getting root for 1.49 bootloader.

another big issue seems to be with the server we are downloading the files from. we have no control over the server, so we are planning on implementing our own server where the file will be stored, and having multiple mirrors the files will reside on so if one download link fails, it will try the next.

we have big plans for the app, just not much time to get all the changes implemented.

scary alien, if you or anyone knows PHP or VB.net, and would like to help ups out, please pm me.

edit. i just checked the build.prop of the erisofficial.zip that the AMA downloads, and that version of Eris Official is actually 0.8t2. so my appoligies to scary alien and anyone else, many code changes and updates and a few beers later and you start to forget what version was what :/

Reactions: scary alien
Upvote 0
Thanks for that update ECLIPS3!

Must have been the server that was causing me my initial problems. Good to know I haven't screwed up my gf's computer or my phone or anything like that.

Would this 0.8t2 version of erisofficial.zip explain why I can't OC? SetCPU wouldn't let me go passed 528. If so, would the master app include that in a future download(No rush, I understand you have other things going on) or would you suggest dl'ing the newest Ivan's from elsewhere? I only ask because I'm not that confident of my abilities, nor my computer's abilities to use SDK? (Would I even need the SDK just to put a .zip file on the SD card root?)

Upvote 0
Was wondering how I get the program that u have a picture of at the bottom of the first page on this thread, or is that what you guys are working on right now? I've already rooted I using adb but I wanted to try a few other things w this program...thx in advance and great job guys/girls

TheDroidDoes,

Do you mean the Eris Master Application (aka Android Master Application) program that you are looking for? If you are already rooted, you don't really need to use this, although you could use it to download a custom ROM for you and guide you through the install (but you've already done that ;)).

The most updated link for this application is over at XDA: [Application] Eris Master Application [R00T] - 6/20/10 - xda-developers

and has the download link for the application if you really want to (it says "Download the application from here: http://tinyurl.com/2doknnb"). Be sure to read through the whole top post for instructions, etc. (especially the part that says "If you need any support, it is always available on the IRC server (http://goo.gl/xVgm). You can also follow us on Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/THE_ECLIPS3").

Hope this helps. Good luck!

Upvote 0
Thanks for that update ECLIPS3!

Must have been the server that was causing me my initial problems. Good to know I haven't screwed up my gf's computer or my phone or anything like that.

Would this 0.8t2 version of erisofficial.zip explain why I can't OC? SetCPU wouldn't let me go passed 528. If so, would the master app include that in a future download(No rush, I understand you have other things going on) or would you suggest dl'ing the newest Ivan's from elsewhere? I only ask because I'm not that confident of my abilities, nor my computer's abilities to use SDK? (Would I even need the SDK just to put a .zip file on the SD card root?)

roscuthiii,

I think that downloading and flashing the 1.0 version will fix you up re. the setCPU thing (although you'll only be able to go to 710MHz at this time (a nice, safe speed)). You actually should be able to browse from your phone to GrdLocks FTP site and download the Ivan's 1.0 ROM directly to your /sdcard and then flash it via recovery (recovery will let you select the ROM by name)...you might have to use Astro File Manager to move it from your downloads folder to the top-level of the /sdcard.

You would probably want to take a Nandroid backup (one of the custom recovery functions) first before flashing a new ROM.

Also, since you are going from a minor version update of Ivan's ROM, you probbably don't have to do the wipes, but you might want to just to be safe (most folks strongly encourage wipes before flashing a new ROM (boot loops, etc. :eek:)).

Cheers!

Upvote 0
Thanks again as always scary alien! I think we're starting to cross over Q/A (well, my Q's, your A's) between here and the SetCPU thread.

I'l try to limit my scattershot-iness.

I never thought of just browsing with the phone and downloading. That should be a time saver.

And I'll still do the nandroid backup and the wipes just keep myself covered. Rather take a few minutes and have a slicker device than rush through and be the proud new owner of a rooted brick...

One quick question about nandroid backups, does each backup create a new file (ie, if I did 3 backups in a row for some reason will there be 3 seperate restore points?) or will each successive backup overwrite the previous one?

Upvote 0
One quick question about nandroid backups, does each backup create a new file (ie, if I did 3 backups in a row for some reason will there be 3 seperate restore points?) or will each successive backup overwrite the previous one?

Each Nandroid backup creates a new directory on your /sdcard under the Nandroid folder (the folder is named with the current date/time). Here's a quick summary that Frisco posted just yesterday:

http://androidforums.com/all-things-root-eris/85522-nand-backup-problems.html#post1077702

Enjoy!

Reactions: roscuthiii
Upvote 0
Good to know!

(if you think I'm a pain in the ass now just wait till I tackle A2SD next week)

FYI, a2sd is currently broken in Ivan's 1.0 :( I'm sure it will be fixed in 1.1, though (edit: actually, I read in his thread that he might not even put a2sd in 1.1 since the ROM already does provide lots of free memory--we'll just have to wait and see...)

Never played with a2sd myself since 1.0 gave me all the space I've needed so far...

Upvote 0
SCARY ALIEN......just wanted to say thanks cuz thats exactly what I was looking for....it prolly won't be that usefull for me since when i started I pears all my adb commands and stuff like. that so thats what im comfortable using but I am primarily getting the program for my girlfriend to learn the processes of rooting for her to root her Eris without going threw the headache that I had to so thx very much glad to see lots of helpfull people on these forums!!!! :)

Upvote 0
SCARY ALIEN......just wanted to say thanks cuz thats exactly what I was looking for....it prolly won't be that usefull for me since when i started I pears all my adb commands and stuff like. that so thats what im comfortable using but I am primarily getting the program for my girlfriend to learn the processes of rooting for her to root her Eris without going threw the headache that I had to so thx very much glad to see lots of helpfull people on these forums!!!! :)

No problem...we are all just happy to help out where we can. Most of the real work is done by the devs like Eclips3, Jamezelle, GrdLock and countless others over at XDA who have put together these apps and rooting guides. :)

Upvote 0
Lol true true....however it is people like you and a handfull of others that also make a big difference because the devs don't have time to answer a bazillion questions and that's where you come into play...people that have already been threw the process and can help the noob's threw it :) lol thx scary thumbs up for the helpful ones..I've been to forums where the courtesy and kindness just wasent there and that's y I mainly stick w ANDROID FORUMS AND XDA..U GUYS ROCK!!!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones