1. Introducing Channels - a new way to chat with other Android users!
    Dismiss Notice

Application for PDF markup

Last Updated:

1. shanksy1

shanksy1 New Member This Topic's Starter

Hi,

Does anyone know if there is an application to allow sketching on PDFs with a pen on an Ipad type of device?

Im in the drafting industry and am looking at options for marking up and highlighting drawings in a paperless system.

At the moment we print out drawings, highlight in yellow the correct parts and mark up in red the errors. Then give the errors to the drafter to fix.

If this could be done on a portable screen we could almost do away with paper completely.

Any ideas on this concept?

Thanks

Regards

Philip

Advertisement
  2. andrew_bott_

andrew_bott_ New Member

Has anyone seen any news on tihs topic. Other than an idea for Quick office to do? I'm Also looking to use a apad for work and would be good to be able to do mark ups on site.

3. bgirlfepo

bgirlfepo Member

I too am looking for a markup option for pdf's with the apad :( But can't find anything.

4. menuhin

menuhin New Member

I'm afraid you have to seek help from Windows 7:

HP Slate 500 (lighter than iPad and you can do a powerpoint presentation with it...)
    + Bluebeam PDF or PDF Annotator (software for ink-based pressure-sensitive markup with a stylus)

n.b. I come across your post because I wonder if any software developer would built software like Adobe Acrobat (not the reader) or Bluebeam PDF for marking up PDF for the Android platform.

5. PDF_Susan

PDF_Susan Member

Try qPDF Notes by Qoppa Software. Open any PDF, add text notes, highlights and free-form drawings, as well as fill interactive PDF forms. qPDF Notes accesses, saves, and sends PDFs via email, Dropbox, Bluetooth or SD cards.

6. pwalt

pwalt Well-Known Member

I started with qPDF and moved on to RepliGo. I'm also in the construction industry and use it to mark field notes on PDFd drawings instead of taking rolls of unweildy paper to the site!