Application is blocked - please helpSupport

Last Updated:

1. wifimoocher

wifimoocher New Member

When i try to open any program, it says "application is blocked." and boots me back to the home screen. When i reboot the phone, turn off or on the airplane mode i get a few seconds of app use. Cant make phone calls but i can receive them through my bt device. just cant use the phone for anything but switching to the different desktops and viewing the list of apps, power and volume. Then menu button works too but when i go to settings it gives me "application is blocked."

Downloaded avg via my computer to the phone. got it to run a scan and didn't find anything wrong.

I think this happened when i responded to an unknown skype message sent to me as a text. said "I can has skype". figured it was a buddy of mine. oh well it was possibly a baddy.

had someone look at it and they said i had z4 root installed twice and the phone was rooted. not sure if that was it cause the app didn't say root / unroot when i opened it after trying to root with it.

So i have a few questions...
    1. how do i get into safe mode with the LG Optimus Elite from Virgin Mobile in Arizona.

2. What should i do to fix this? I searched the forums and got bupkiss. except to factory reset. :(

3. Would rooting my phone be better? can i do that with the phone in this condition?

Thanks for you help in advance.

2. sternmin8or

sternmin8or New Member

looks like the ROM flash method of rooting might help . or you could do a factory reset. Either way you should go ahead and get your msl from either calling vm or using one of the methods on the forums