application messaging(in process com.android.mms) is not responding

1. chriszarza

chriszarza New Member

Everytime I send and recieve a text message i get that error. i have options to force close or wait. if i put wait it seems to work fine. the phone is very sluggish. i have 245mb left on the phone and 3.59gb left on my sd card. i have one thread with 4000 messages and a few with 50+ and a few with 20. i am not sure if it has to with how many messages i have. also my phone is very sluggish most of the time.

i have turned off and on my phone, took out the battery.

i dont have many apps downloaded.

is there anyway to get rid of this error without hard reseting my phone or taking it to tmobile store?

thanks in advance.

Advertisement
    :
  2. justjimjpc

justjimjpc Premium Member VIP Member

If you want to save the txt msgs .. get an app like "Txtract Pro" to save the msgs .. then delete the msg thread ... that should help the speed and free up some memory
  3. BiGMERF

BiGMERF Well-Known Member

any other choices? for saving texts ?
  4. jasnmb

jasnmb Well-Known Member

SMS Backup
  5. deadheadmays

deadheadmays New Member

:( ..im having this exact problem today. its maddening. one thread has upwards of 3,000 and some other contacts are around 50 or so.. im even willing to delete the messages, but the phone is too sluggish to let me do even THAT. is there a quicker way to delete old messages currently saved? this is mind numbing. please help.
  6. MyNamesTooLong

MyNamesTooLong Well-Known Member

I bolded the cause of your problem. Your phone is sluggish because you're hoarding text messages. Delete them...if you really want them, search "sms backup" in the market and download one of the apps that sends the thread to your gmail.
  7. deadheadmays

deadheadmays New Member

..i've gathered that, in fact, my 'hoarding' of texts has caused my problem. The subsequent problem, however, is that its so sluggish that it can't seem to 'hang on' long enough to delete the damn msg thread. :( i've tried a few applications for deleting them. nothing works.
  8. MyNamesTooLong

MyNamesTooLong Well-Known Member

Reset the phone
  9. deadheadmays

deadheadmays New Member