Application Not InstalledSupport

Last Updated: 2012-06-07 19:29:13
  1. TheAlmightyDrew

TheAlmightyDrew Well-Known Member

Every time that I try to install an apk file, the phone says "Installing" then it says "Application Not Installed".

I am trying to get the Droid X's multi touch keyboard on my Fascinate. Has anyone tried to do it? Does it work for you? How did you do it?

Advertisement
  2. Vihzel

Vihzel Destroying Balls Everyday VIP Member

Hmm... can you show me where the apk file is? I'll do it myself later tonight to see if it works for me.
  3. TheAlmightyDrew

Link

That is it. If it can figure it out, please let me how know you did it.
  4. Vihzel

Vihzel Destroying Balls Everyday VIP Member

Alright. Seeing if it'll work.

UPDATE: It didn't work for me. It says the same thing. I don't have a lot of expertise in this area. Hopefully someone else can figure out what's up.
  5. g-android10

g-android10 Well-Known Member

don't feel like starting a new topic, but did anyone else's phone have NFL Mobile already installed and able to watch vid for free? I went to the VZW store and I had to install it on both models they had and it wouldn't let me watch w/o VCast subscription
  6. Droidable

Droidable Well-Known Member

Im not a moderator but you will get more answers if you start a new thread instead of jacking someone elses.. The time it took you to ask here is equal to the time it takes to start a new topic.

@TheAlmightyDrew, I will have mine tomorrow afternoon and that is one of the first things I will be doing. I will help you if nobody has figured it out by then.
  7. TheAlmightyDrew

I'm looking forward to someone figuring this thing out. I will do some research to see how to get it on the Galaxy S phones. If I figure it out I'll let you guys know.
  8. nunyabizness

nunyabizness Well-Known Member

I'm getting this error on a few of the apps that should be coming directly from Android Market. I'm just trying to reinstall from my AppBrain list.
  9. TheAlmightyDrew

I made a thread over at XDA developers.

Link
  10. TheAlmightyDrew

11. Naeem123

Naeem123 New Member

I also have this problem, i have a motorola milestone 2.2.1 official and i ahve the allow non market apps to be installed option checked but when ever i do try and install a .apk it says its installing and then it says it says "application was not installed" please help me becuase there is alot of games that i want ohn my phone but it wont let me like angry birds i tried downloading this from the android market but it says the unknown erroe -18 and then when i get the .apk for angry birds it says application not installed

- thank you
  12. juk08gt

juk08gt New Member

I have the sameproblem. But it is with applications that were previously installed.
  13. gauravbelong15

gauravbelong15 New Member

the multitouch works for me
    its works in my galaxy pop fine
  14. Domce3

Domce3 New Member

Hey! If applications not installing, delete file .android_secure/smdl2tmpl.asec from SD card.

If the folder .android_secure is empty on file manager, delete it from PC
    esfande69 likes this.