• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Application not installed

macgd016

May 7, 2011
I have just tried to install an updated app using an apk file. All seemed to go ok, I was asked all the usual questions about installing over the original copy etc. During the installation however, I go the 'Application not installed' message but the app still ran ok. Thinking that perhaps the app could not install over the original I un-installed the original but now I get the 'Application not installed' message every time I try to install either the original apk or the new one. What's going on?

I have just tried to install an updated app using an apk file. All seemed to go ok, I was asked all the usual questions about installing over the original copy etc. During the installation however, I go the 'Application not installed' message but the app still ran ok. Thinking that perhaps the app could not install over the original I un-installed the original but now I get the 'Application not installed' message every time I try to install either the original apk or the new one. What's going on?[

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones