Application not quitting after uninstall

Last Updated:

1. abhinavm

abhinavm Member This Topic's Starter

Hi,

I was experimenting with Android development, and created a small application, which puts the phone on silent when theres an incoming call.

It worked fine on my phone, so I also installed it on my friends phone. Though he uninstalled it later, his phone still goes into the silent mode whenever he gets a phone call (after one ring in normal mode).

I searched everywhere, but neither could I find any process nor service of mine running. The application is not present in the "Manage Applications" menu either.

Any idea how I can completely delete the application from his phone and why is it behaving this way ?

Thanks,
    Abhinav

Advertisement
  2. zaphodbebleebrox

zaphodbebleebrox Well-Known Member

look at taskmanager under package, it should show up there where it can be deleted. if you know the name of the apk file its probably in system/app where it cam be killed using root explorer. if you wrote it and dont know how to kill it........

3. Frisco

Frisco =Luceat Lux Vestra= VIP Member

Does the app appear in the menu > settings > applications > applications manager list?

If so, clear data and cache there, then, if the uninstall button is not greyed out, try using that to remove the app.

4. abhinavm

Let me try that out. Thanks

5. abhinavm

Oops sorry - the application does not appear under the installed applications list.

This confuses me - doesn't uninstalling an application mean clearing out everything associated with it ?

6. abhinavm

In case it helps anyone, heres how it started working -

Theres an inbuilt application called "Call Settings" on Samsung Galaxy S. He went there and clicked on Clear Data. This solved the problem - it was probably a clash between my Broadcast Receiver and an inbuilt Broadcast Receiver which messed up something.