• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Application Notes

Tinwoodsman

Jan 15, 2010
When selecting apps for your device they sometimes states certain conditions such as "Prevents device from going to sleep". Does this mean this only occurs when using that app?
There are some apps I want to download but want to make sure my battery is not severely impacted unless I am using that app.

Does this mean this only occurs when using that app?

It SHOULD mean that and is what I have found to be the case... But just to be sure, run the phone through it's paces when you install new apps to see all is good. Also, a suggestion would be to not load too many in one sitting, so if a problem occurs, it (app) can be identified and corrected. Bottom line is all apps are NOT created equally, but Android OS does handle memory and other things different from what you might be used to and does a pretty good job of keeping everything sandboxed so to say. Don't be afraid to try out apps as you can just as quickly uninstall them if they behave badly.

:)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones