1. Introducing Channels - a new way to chat with other Android users!
    Dismiss Notice

Application Prices

Last Updated:

1. gtd3

gtd3 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

OK, none of the videos that I have watched or the articles that I've read about the G1(trust me, thats all i do while bitting my nails waiting for this phone) have said anything directly about the price of the Applications in the android market. I do remember reading somewhere that they MIGHT be free for the first 30-days.

Is this true? and if not...How much will they cost?

Can anyone give a solid answer for this?

Advertisement
  2. sleebus.jones

sleebus.jones Well-Known Member

I too have heard the "free apps at first" bit, and I'm reasonably sure it's for 30 days. As for pricing, hard to tell when no info has been released, but I'd expect them to be along the lines of the sidekick apps, usually in the $2.99 - $4.99 range. I doubt if we'll see any toping $9.99, and they'll be rare, I'm sure.

3. OrganizedFellow

OrganizedFellow Well-Known Member

How high would you all feel is TOO high, considering what Android OS is capable of?

For starters, since the phone isn't even out yet, I feel comfortable with the above mentioned pricing scheme of $2.99-$4.99.
    But I would assume that once the phone is out, more developers would release more apps for it, and the pricing would increase. I know that EA Games is not releasing much for it to start, as they want to charge for their games.
    Namco is releasing PacMan for free.
    Who knows how many other developers out there have a killer application just aching for release?!
    TONS I bet!

More here: http://gizmodo.com/5057107/ea-waiting-to-release-android-games-until-it-can-charge-for-them

The better the app/game, the more I'm willing to pay.

4. gtd3

Well, how much are the current iPhone apps? I'd assume that they will try to compete with that....

5. sleebus.jones

sleebus.jones Well-Known Member

6. gtd3