Application question

Last Updated: 2012-02-07 05:22:00
  1. dinjc

dinjc Member

hey I'm just wondering if there is a app for your device to access this forum on your android? , i tried looking on market but wasn't sure if the apps were for this certain forum.

another thing which app do you suggest the most efficient for saving battery life and a app to help maintain a smooth performance on the device your using.

Many thanks!

Advertisement
  2. Kicksilver

Kicksilver Well-Known Member

Biggest battery hogs:

- Screen
    - Processor
    - Radios (3G, Wifi, GPS, bluetooth)

You can't do much about the first 2 ones, unless you don't use the device at all.

But you can have Juice Defender to manage your wireless connections while you're not using it.
  3. dinjc

dinjc Member

The thing i heard about Juice defender is that it keeps your battery good during idle mode, but when you start using your device your battery percentage drops rapidly?
    I;m not sure if that's true or not.
  4. Kicksilver

The free Juice Defender will manage your mobile data (3/4G). While the device is idle, it will shut down the connection, and, if you set it up for it, it'll make a quick connection each 15/30 min to refresh your e-mail, facebook, twitter, and whatever is set to auto-refresh.

While the screen is on, it will restabilish connection and the battery will be drained as it would if you didn't have JD.

That's a common mistake, JD barely takes any system resource.
    dinjc likes this.
  5. Logan47

Logan47 Disabled

Search for phandroid in the android market for the forum app. :)
    dinjc likes this.
  6. cableguynoe

cableguynoe Well-Known Member

Or Tapatalk
    dinjc likes this.
  7. dinjc

dinjc Member

Thanks for all your replies, i have got a forum app aswell juice defender, thanks for the help!
  8. Kicksilver

No problem mate.
  9. Adauth

Adauth Well-Known Member

Tapatalk is the best forum browsing app. Well worth the $1.99 charge. Especially if you visit multiple forums.