• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Application Tray

Follow up on that last question. Ok I see the uninstall button for apps i have personally downloaded. I'm wanting to get rid of some of the apps that came with the phone that I know I won't ever use like the Amazon MP3 downloader. How do I get rid of those apps that came with the phone originally? Those are the ones I don't see any uninstall buttons for. Thanks

Upvote 0
Follow up on that last question. Ok I see the uninstall button for apps i have personally downloaded. I'm wanting to get rid of some of the apps that came with the phone that I know I won't ever use like the Amazon MP3 downloader. How do I get rid of those apps that came with the phone originally? Those are the ones I don't see any uninstall buttons for. Thanks

those are preloaded apps that came with the phone, there is no way to delete those ones. unless you root your phone and use adb to pull the .apk from your system folder. so, unless you know how to do all that, they are stuck on your phone.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones