Applications "Installation Unsuccessful"Support

Last Updated:

1. sal_shawn

sal_shawn Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I am having a problem when I download games or try to update some games, the game will download just fine but when installing them I get the Installation unsuccessful error.
    I bought MiniSquadron! and Baseball Superstars2010 awhile back installed just fine then and now I got to update it wont let me. No biggy because I still could play the games. But now I go to install Angry Birds, I can't play it because it fails. Its just really starting to annoy me. My brother girlfriend has an Inc and she installed Angry Birds just fine.
    Is anyone else having this problem? Should I just take it to Verizon so see how far that gets me?

Advertisement
  2. wildtouch83

wildtouch83 Well-Known Member

back when I had my Eris I had to clear the data in the Market application a couple times and that resolved this problem. It's worth a shot. Go into Settings>>Applications>>Manager Applications>>Market

clear data and clear cache

sal_shawn likes this.
  3. RoboCuz

RoboCuz Well-Known Member

When you do that, doesn't it forget what apps are installed, and you no longer get update notices? Or does that get rebuilt now?

4. wildtouch83

wildtouch83 Well-Known Member

No, it should not forget what apps you have installed and/or affect update notices to those apps.

5. sal_shawn

sal_shawn Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Thank you wild but I unmounted my SD card and tried to install and it worked.

I have no idea why they wouldn't install with my SD card mounted.

ctc likes this.
  6. ctc

ctc Well-Known Member

I can't even download apps, it will say "download unsuccessful". Unmounting my SD card worked for one app and then I started having problems again. Bizarre...

edit: found a thread in the vibrant forum. clearing the app data for Download Manager fixed it for me.