Applications Keep closing automatically...

Last Updated:

1. nmsystms

nmsystms New Member This Topic's Starter

I have noticed that many of my applications seem to automatically close making the phone seem "slower" when I try to reopen recently opened applications.

The main applications that I have noticed closing are Handcent and the home screen (extremely annoying when the home screen needs to reload randomly).

I have Advanced Task Manager (put the items i dont want closed on exclude) and noticed that when i click refresh some of the items sometimes disappear.

I've tried turning off Advanced Task Manager and still have the some issue...Here are some things to know about my droid:

Rooted, Running Bugless Beast v1.0 -
    Running at up to 1ghz (tried lowering and didn't make a difference)
    Using Helix Launcher 2 (tried switched to default home screen and also no difference)

Please help!

Advertisement
  2. pinesal

pinesal Well-Known Member

On bugless beast you can open the terminal and type "free50mb" and see if that helps.

3. nmsystms

Thanks. How do I do this? I tried downloading terminal emulator and when I typed in "free50mb" i got the following message:

mount: operation not permitted
    /system/xbin/free50mb:cannot create/sys/module/lowmemorykiller/parameters//minfree:permission denied
    mount: operation not permitted:
    System will keep 50MB of RAM free

Doesn't look like the command worked...how do I fix this?

Do you think bugless beast can be causing the issue? I don't remember it prior to using bugless beast.

4. Thomas184

Thomas184 Member

I'm having the similar problem, my phone is not rooted and msn talk keeps on sighning out and same with Skype. It is getting a little annoying that it does that.

The apparently that I have is weatherbug, twitter, Google earth, lo boxing, solitaire.
    I never had this issue with my storm.

5. xmr405o

xmr405o Well-Known Member

I have issues with my dolphin HD and Skyfire closing automatically. Haven't had issue with any other apps. I don't get a force close message but they just go back to the home screen. Skyfire has frozen my phone a couple of times but I figured that was because it was a beta and still unstable.

6. Thomas184

Thomas184 Member

I'm having the similar problem, my phone is not rooted and msn talk keeps on sighning out and same with Skype. It is getting a little annoying that it does that.

The apparently that I have is weatherbug, twitter, Google earth, lo boxing, solitaire.
    I never had this issue with my storm.

7. nmsystms

Figured it out. Had to allow permissions first:

su

Looks like that fixed it. Thanks! Phone feels so much faster now since it doesnt need to reload all the apps. I was thinking of maybe changing it to 75mb. Whats the default?

8. sohc sti

sohc sti Well-Known Member

By changing it to 50mb you are telling the system to keep 50mb free. If you change it to 75mb you are pretty much going to be in the same boat your in now. By keeping less memory free, the system won't keep closing apps as much to reach its mb limit.

Your essentially telling the system to do whatever it can to keep that mb amount free.

9. pinesal

pinesal Well-Known Member

Yeah, you actually want to keep less memory free if you want to stop apps from closting. I'm not sure what bugless default is but 50 is the lowest setting you can set using the script. There is an app on the market that lets you set your memory to basicly what ever you want but I can't remember the name of the app. It had a fish icon though.