Applications launching on their own??????Support

Last Updated:

1. jobryan26

jobryan26 Member This Topic's Starter

I am new to Android and I have installed "Advanced Task Killer" which I have noticed something that is really confusing me. If I kill all of the apps running, then check back moments later there are a ton of installed apps running in the background which I did not launch. Example: right now there are 27 apps running in the background... Can someone shed some light on this for me?

Advertisement
    gbuff19 likes this.
  2. NBAJ2K

NBAJ2K Member

Im in the same boat and was wondering the same thing.....

3. jobryan26

Still no ideas guys?

4. sitlet

sitlet Banned

http://androidforums.com/tips-tricks-evo-4g/85554-task-killers-must-read-new-android-users.html

Read this thread, it tells you everything. Basically, Android as an OS is very good at managing open programs. Just because you see the programs in the memory, doesnt necessarily mean they are using battery power. It doesnt take any battery power to have some programs cached in the memory. Android will automatically cache some programs it thinks will be used most often. Actually, using a task killer to kill all the apps can make your battery worse, because as soon as you close the apps, the OS begins to re-load them all. Of course, there are some people that will tell you otherwise, but from what i've seen, the task killers dont do any good.

Madame X likes this.
  5. jobryan26

Thanks sitlet I have been reading up on using task killers and thank you for posting the info, however I still question....Why are programs being launching and running in the background which I have not launched nor seem to have any relation to any type of connection with the app I may or may not be using. :)

6. sitlet

sitlet Banned

Like i said, and that article said, the OS will automatically launch some apps that it thinks will be used. So if you use the browser a lot, the browser will start automatically opening in the background, and stored in the cache. Also, some apps, like sprint tv for example, are hard-programmed into the phone, so they will pretty much always be cached.