Applications no longer download

Discussion in 'Android Apps & Games' started by m0t0dr0id, Jul 7, 2010.

1. m0t0dr0id

m0t0dr0id Member

Jun 16, 2010
    Automotive Technician
    Ct
    Im using a moto droid on 2.1 rooted and a few days ago i went to download an app from the market and it would just get hung up on "Starting Download" with the barbers pole looking thing just spinning and not filling up. I tryed canceling the app download and retrying and nothing worked. I did a bit of reading around and saw that some people cleared the cache and data from a bunch of listed apps and to try and force close the market so i tryed both and no luck. I read somewhere else that i have to activate gtalk but im pretty sure i already have it activated since i was able to download apps a few days ago and now it no longer works. Please help

Advertisement

2. vincentp

vincentp Well-Known Member

Nov 11, 2009
    Mortgage Underwriter
    Rochester, NY
    This happened to me once or twice with certain 2.1 ROMs. Ended up fixing itself. Are you on a custom ROM or are you just rooted with stock?

I'd post this in the Moto Droid Root sub-forum. You'll probably get better results.

3. m0t0dr0id

m0t0dr0id Member

Jun 16, 2010
    Automotive Technician
    Ct
    Custom ROM

4. G.Armour

G.Armour You know you want to.
    VIP Member

Jan 11, 2010
    Truck driver/ driver mentor. I train people to dri
    Georgia
    I think it may have just been the market.. It acts up sometimes.

5. Go Blue

Go Blue Member

Jan 2, 2010
    Same thing happened to me today as well. I ended up having to cancel the purchase (it was a pay-fer app). Just got into an endless do-loop of purchased - download - won't download - says purchased ......