Applications Not Playing Nice with Each Other!Support

Last Updated:

1. anr311

anr311 Active Member This Topic's Starter

Hello, all-

I recently upgraded to the Fascinate from the Eris. I am now having the same issues I had on the Eris, so I'm fairly certain it's my apps. I think it's Launcher Pro, which will make me sad because I love that app! It was definitely the cause of my issues with the Eris, though - figured that out by process of elimination.

Here are the issues:

1)Weather Bug keeps trying to update after a reboot - the notification never goes away (I have the widget on my home screen)
    2)Sometimes the power button doesn't wake up the phone - I have to push it several times.
    3)Charged the phone overnight, this morning couldn't get any of the function keys to work - home, back, search... nothing. Had to reboot. When it restarted I got a force close for Launcher Pro.

Here are my apps:
    Amazon
    Battery Left
    K9
    Touchdown
    My Backup Pro
    NoLED
    Password Master
    Pandora
    Shazam
    Skyfire

I've had the phone for one day (I just used backup pro to reinstall the apps I had on my Eris - most of them)

Any idea which one(s) I need to lose?

Thanks!

Advertisement
  2. rugrat1965

rugrat1965 Member

I am by no means an expert but I have heard stories of NoLed doing strange things to peoples phones.

3. tschecter

tschecter Well-Known Member

honestly? no answer from here either- but I am not a fan of weatherbug in any form, and personally I use beautiful widgets instead. that said, I am also running launcher pro, and when I installed noled on my phone (my previous one that had to get replaced, not bacause of that though) I felt like it made everything wonky, but cannot explain exaclty how- so that would be my first thing to get rid of and see how things work without it. but for sure, if weather bug is not playing nice, I'd personally replace it- but thats just me, coming from a stance that no weatherbug I have ever used has functioned perfectly for me.

4. anr311

anr311 Active Member This Topic's Starter

Thanks!

I've been emailing back and forth all day with Weatherbug but no solution.

I'll try Beautiful Widgets. At least that will fix the Weatherbug issue, I guess... still don't know about the other ones, though.

5. Frisco

Frisco =Luceat Lux Vestra= VIP Member

I'd try clearing cache and data on every app on that list.

menu > settings > applications > manage applications > (app) clear cache button then clear data button.

Reboot. Reconfigure to not update or sync in background.