Applications redownloaded after reset.

Last Updated:

1. sekrit

sekrit Member This Topic's Starter

I've noticed that some applications are re-downloaded after both a factory reset and a hard reset... I've tried removing the applications prior to the reset, but this happens anyways, so I was wondering what could be the cause? It's not quite a big deal though, as I can always remove them after resetting the phone.

Advertisement
  2. galt

galt Well-Known Member

I love forums, because we get to guess and speculate until someone comes along that KNOWS. :p

It is unclear how frequent the anDroid system backups are, so you might try deleting your apps and then waiting 24 hours before doing a reset.

3. vincentp

vincentp Well-Known Member

How did you get this to work? I did a factory reset and setup the phone with the same gmail account I used before and nothing happened automatically. I ended up having to download all of my software manually.

4. Redflea

Redflea Well-Known Member

There's a backup setting that I believe has to be on...look in settings, not sure where it was...

5. Barbara

Barbara Well-Known Member

It is in Menu> Settings> Privacy

6. vincentp

vincentp Well-Known Member

7. sekrit

sekrit Member This Topic's Starter

I originally thought that was the reason some of my applications got installed again, but upon unchecking the box, it warns that all copies on Google servers will be erased. Maybe it doesn't take affect immediately?

Anyhow, thanks for the information, everybody. This was not really an issue, but rather my curiosity wondering. I'm glad it helped somebody out. :]