1. Hot New Devices! HTC One M9 | Samsung Galaxy S6 | LG G4

Applications unable to connect via 3GSupport

1. excellento

excellento New Member

I've been browsing through the forums and found out that at least some people have been having this same problem. Although I found that many had these problems there were no solutions available.

Got a brand new xperia mini straight from the box updated with the latest 2.1 android. The problem is that:

None of the applications can access the 3G network. Only the default browser is able to connect to the internet via 3G. Applications like Gmail, maps, facebook, Opera, timescape...you name it...none of the programs isn't connecting through 3G.

All the other programs can connect to the internet via WLAN. But of course WLAN isn't always available. This kinda cripples the phone. GPS works but without internet connection to the maps its useless :mad:

Any ideas how to fix this? I tried to re-install the OS and some of the applications. I also tried different SIM card if there would had been some function in the sim blocking the access. At least raise your hand if you are experiencing the same symptoms. Eventually someone will find a way how to fix this.

Advertisement
  2. X10iUser

X10iUser Well-Known Member

Hi.

Have you turned it on? Settings - wireless & networks -mobile networks - data.
  3. gunny5821

gunny5821 Well-Known Member

+1 You beat me to the punch...LOL :p
  4. gunny5821

I just Flashed my phone last night and now have the same problem you have. The only way around it is to use Wi-Fi. With the Wi-Fi you can get in the Market and function as usual. But without it, no good.

Good Luck
  5. werthers

werthers Well-Known Member

Get your operator to send you your 3g settings via MMS that might sort it
  6. gunny5821

In the event that you find your APN's are missing and you need to create them manually, here are the links with the data needed to create the APN's.

home screen > settings > wireless & networks > mobile networks > access point names. Are there any here or is this empty? If it is empty, that is your problem.

press the menu button (Bottom left) > new apn

fill in the info per the link, save it and then select one of the ones you input.

Also in the same area, see "network operators", there needs to be an entry in here and checked as well. If choose automatic (top choice) and one should pop up with a check next to it.

Get stuck, come on back.. Good Luck!

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...68&postcount=2
    http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...31&postcount=7
    http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...&postcount=871
    http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...&postcount=830

provided by "delbuenno "....
  7. Jugal Mistry

Jugal Mistry Member

Same problem on my x10.
    No.. My phone is not locked under any network, nor is it cracked(or whatever you call it) and i updated to 2.1 through pc companion legally.
    And dammnit, why doesn't anyone understand that we're able to surf the web on browsers, the default and skyfire.
    But the apps never connect to the internet when on mobile networks, but everything is fine on wifi.
    So it's not that we're dumb enough to try to connect to internet without getting the settings.
    I've tried every basic thing one could try but nothing helped.
  8. Jugal Mistry

Jugal Mistry Member

Same problem on my x10.
    No.. My phone is not locked under any network, nor is it cracked(or whatever you call it) and i updated to 2.1 through pc companion legally.
    And dammnit, why doesn't anyone understand that we're able to surf the web on browsers, the default and skyfire.
    But the apps never connect to the internet when on mobile networks, but everything is fine on wifi.
    So it's not that we're dumb enough to try to connect to internet without getting the settings.
    I've tried every basic thing one could try but nothing helped.
  9. jonyman

jonyman New Member

Even i was having the same issue with my lg optimus p500 and am new tothis android mobile. but my freands are using the xperia mini and and 3g is working very good but for me it's working only with browser but not with any other application. when i check online ifound many people having the same issue without any solution neither do i.

hear in india we ll buy the mobile and we have to get sim card from whichever provider we want so mostly we have buy the phone separately and we have the option selecting our provider.

so wat i did is i just changed the sim of diferent service provider and 3g is working really gud with all the applications but i put the sim of mine its a different service provider it is not working with any applications but only with the browser.

so called up my service provider and when i check with them the speed wat they provide in 3g. they told me its 3.6 mbps but one of my freand workes in the same company and i found from him it's not true but they r providing only minimum and the quality of 3g is also very low. but am not sure how far it's true.

but the bottom line is i understood that it's not issue with the instrument or with android os but its the service provider. hey i forgot to tell one more thing when i put my sim on my freands mobile (xperia) we were unable to access any application using 3g with my service provider but when put back his sim it's workig great :)

So i changed my service provider and its working great :)
  10. icang2012

icang2012 New Member

My phone is xperia mini pro and I had the same problem after I tried to tweak my phone and factory reseted it. Default browser worked with 3g and wifi but operamini firefox etc could only work with wifi

So the problem really is the APN settings. The default browser somehow bypassed this or used a different setting so It could get internet connection but this "default setting" is in the premium price in my country it goes to like $0.5/MB

So the solution is really try to get the APN settings and manually input them, or try to sms the ISP for the settings. After you set the APN dont forget to reset your Phone.

I figured this out after my operator somehow telephoned me and asked why did I use the default setting but not the APN setting.