Appmarket/Google Checkout won't allow me to buy with Amex?Support

Last Updated:

1. nickacs

nickacs Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Hi everyone-
    So after 2 weeks with my DI, I decided to actually purchase my first app via the Android Marketplace and clicked the 'Buy' and it took me to Google Checkout.
    All was good, but after I entered my Amex CC info, it popped up saying it was 'Invalid' or some dumb message. So I tried again to "re-add" it and same message pops up.
    This is my only CC other than my debit card and I refuse to enter my debit info online anywhere.

And just to make sure, on my computer, I logged into Google Checkout and all my Amex CC info is 100% correct, shipping address, etc. Then I go back on the DI and nothing. WTF?!?!?!?

Anyone have this experience before? Is it because the app from the UK and Amex is just denying the charge because it's overseas? F that if that's the case.. Plain stupid :mad:

Advertisement
  2. AdmSuvvuk

AdmSuvvuk Well-Known Member

I don't know about Amex, but a purchase from the market fouled up my card (VISA) because my bank instituted a new policy of requiring preauthorization for any international purchases and one of the apps bought was from the Ukraine. Now I have to be sure everthing is in US dollars or call the bank ahead of time. They said the policy may change because it was temporary in response to a flood of fraudulent online charges system wide involving international transactions.

3. x0x

x0x Well-Known Member

I had the exact same issue with Amex, but don't know the reason. The market says they take it and it's valid for purchases in the U.S. (Payment Methods - Android Market Help).

I only tried one purchase with the Amex. Then I switched over to my Visa which worked fine.

4. sillyrabbitt123

sillyrabbitt123 Well-Known Member

yes AMEX must be a USA purchase thats the problem switch to MC or VISA for out of USA purchases.

5. nickacs

nickacs Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Ok, thanks guys :) Appreciate the help/info!