apps 2 sd help

Last Updated:

1. bauer

bauer Member This Topic's Starter

finally rooted my hero using the gold card method last night, i installed the modaco3.2 rom, partitioned my sd

then used the install existing apps to sd option on boot up, started the phone and now i cant access my apps that were installed to sd, and also every app i install from the market just goes on the phone??

im a newbie at rooting and custom roms, any help with apps to sd would be great

Advertisement
  2. bauer

bauer Member This Topic's Starter

anyone point me in the right direction?? thanks in advance

3. simondid

simondid Member

hey just go to the unlockker website follow the guide in there. and lit's rooted no problem..but reset it first just dowload orginal from and then install that one

4. jUsT2eXy

jUsT2eXy Well-Known Member

Have you created the correct partitions on your SD card?

Follow these instructions:-
    1) Boot into the recovery menu. Hold down the power button and Home key.

2) When the recovery menu loads up do the following...

5. jdwis

jdwis Active Member

hi
    after a long reading in few forums about Apps2SD, for the life of me I still couldnt feagure it out how to do..
    Hero is already rooted and having Modaco's pre-rooted HTC Generic 2.73.771.73 (3 UK customised) flashed...
    I did not partitioned the SD card at that time as had no idea that I might need it.
    recently due to running out of space on phone I thought I need it now..
    Now I already have many apps on phone, reading about apps2sd everywhere, I partitioned the SD card to ext2 then upgraded to ext3...
    Tried installing an app off the market, but it got installed on phone instead of sd card..
    what am I doing wrong here? or am I missing any steps? or still I need to do anything...
    just for info I read it somewhere about having Symlink in /system/etc/sd to somewhere on SD card???
    thanks