apps 2 sd whats the problem

Last Updated:

1. mlee19841

mlee19841 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

im using a custom rom it is the froyo kangerade v 5.0.9 and when i click on settings, then go to applications, then manage apps, then click on a app something simple like cnn news or and app i downloaded from the market i cannot move it to the sd card. the option is grayed out what gives i thought all apps were going to be able to be moved to the sd card. what a load of crap from this big hype over the froyo update....... anyone else having the same problem care to vent or give me some insight on why all of the apps downloaded from the market cannot be moved. i know some of them have to stay on the internal phone memory. it just sucks.......

Advertisement
  2. digdug1

digdug1 Well-Known Member

not sure about kangerade but with most roms you need to allow the rom to do this. bb for instance has the option in bb toolbox. most though you need to download a terminal emulator. then type su and hit enter on the nest line type apps2sd on hit enter. this may fix it for you

mlee19841 likes this.
  3. mlee19841

mlee19841 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

weird it says sh: apps2sd: not found

4. umataro42

umataro42 Well-Known Member

I just have the standard non-rooted Froyo (forced update from last week), but the app2SD is case by case for each app. The developer has to have updated their app to be able to save to the SD card. So even if its working perfectly, you still won't be able to move all of them.

Over the past month, when I was still on 2.1, a few of my apps had updates to enable moving it to the sd card on Froyo, but only a handful of them.

mlee19841 likes this.
  5. digdug1

this is true for the non rooted. but it should work for him because he is rooted.

6. digdug1

enter the following line by line :

su

apps2sdon

the su gives the terminal super user permission to allow the script apps2sd to work. try both apps2sdon as well as apps2sd on this is space and letter sensitive.

7. Lock-N-Load

Lock-N-Load Well-Known Member

I tried this and it did not work. neither command did.

BTW, In my apps > manage apps I can find 14 apps (of about 150+) that have the ability to be moved though. I moved one over fine.. am I to understand that in root IF these commands worked, more than just those 14 would be open to be moved or these are just the 14 that can be moved and the devs did not make the other 150 movable or they are system apps and cannot be moved anyway?