Apps always force closeSupport

Last Updated:

1. drysdale0001

drysdale0001 New Member

I've had my AT&T Samsung Galaxy S2 for just about a year, it's currently running on 2.3.6 (Gingerbread).

I'll try to explain what happened, bear with me.

I turned my phone on after charging and it got stuck on the AT&T screen while booting up. I took my battery out several times to try and get it to work, but I finally just let it sit on that screen for a few minutes and it turned on. Once it was turned on, it told me to sign into my Google account, -- it apparently logged me out -- I did that and discovered that some of my settings had been deleted/reset (ringtones, background, etc), and that a decent amount of my apps (just the ones that open on start up) were force closing. Not only that, but most of my apps were force closing. The only way that I've discovered to fix it, is to uninstall the app and reinstall it. That's pretty much a hassle, though, and if I restart my phone it does everything I've mentioned. It starts a horrid cycle and I have no earthly idea how to fix it.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions, Merry Christmas!

Dieben likes this.
  2. Dieben

Dieben Well-Known Member

There currently are an awful lot of threads on Android Forums concerning problems with Google Play Store and Google applications.

It looks to me like someone is phishing for my Google account information and password. The Tech in the local Verizon store agrees with me.

I have changed my Google account password and immediately change my password again if I ever have to use it on any Google application, settings, account changes, Play Store, webpage, etc.