Apps and secure .pdf

1. Slavus_Maximus

Slavus_Maximus New Member

Hi everyone. This is my first and hopefully not last post on this forum. I'd like some help with pdf files in Android apps. I have a document that I'd like to distribute to certain work colleagues but don't want the document to be able to be emailed or amended (printing would be ok). As it stands there are no security measures I can put in place easily to prevent someone from distributing this document via email once they receive it. So my question is, if I created a simple app that would open this file would the same security rules apply or is there a way of changing the way the pdf is opened so it is 'read only' as it were?

Any help in this regard would be appreciated. Thanks.

Advertisement
  2. hstroph

hstroph Well-Known Member

Once they have a copy, it's theirs and beyond your control. All you can do in the original pdf is to require a password to open it for viewing but not editing, and otherwise make it unchangeable (read-only) and unselectable (so they can't copy-n-paste) once the password's been given. They can save it to whatever filename they want, but they won't be able to change the password requirement or other restrictive attributes.