• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Apps...Apps are cool!

Bigjohn

Jan 3, 2010
Lots of good information... TONS.
But I have a couple of questions:

1 recommended contact manager? I'm not in love with the stock MOMENT app. It hangs up when I try to beam more than a dozen contacts from my WinMo HTC Touch, and I can't figure out any other way to get the contacts over there! Oh, and sync with google is ok, but hell, I don't need every email address I've ever sent or recieved from in my phone contact lists! (and when you delete duplicates online it does NOT clean up the phone...)

2 Replacement camera app? one that might load fast enough to actually snag a cool picture? one that lets you set where to save the pictures to?

3 Media Player / gallery app that lets you choose which folders to look in? I mean, it's funny as hell that my MOMENT gallery includes all the icon graphics from sprint navigation!

So... those there things there... can make my moment ROCK.

1. i still use stock - you can choose which contacts to sync and which ones not to... plus, you can display only the ones with numbers. i was able to get rid of duplicate contacts as well - i just don't remember how i did it off the top of my head.

2. i use pro zoom camera 5x (paid) - they also have a free version and then i've heard pretty good things about fx camera as well.

3. not sure why it's displaying your sprint navigation icons... and not sure what exactly you're looking for - something to display thumbnails? i use astro as a filemanager.

Upvote 0
Hmm.
I'll have to look at Zoom camera.

I dunno -first time I put in my SD card from my other phone, and chose gallery, I got EVERY image of any type...

You CAN delete duplicates from the phone, but it's a 3 step process.
Anyone migrate their contacts from WinMo phone??? how did you do it??

John

Upvote 0
1- for getting contacts over to Google? http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/outlook/HA011489021033.aspx
I've been playing with StarContact, but I've found it to be painfully slow as a replacement contact manager.

2-I have both Pro Zoom camera 5x and Camera Zoom fx and though both have different features, Pro Zoom supports the flash and Camera zoom does not. If I had it to do again, I wouldn't have
paid for Camera Zoom. Both have less featured free versions to try.

3-I recommend checking out Meridian! Opps...this is a media player. The gallery app on my phone gives me the option of all pictures (all graphics on phone) or camera pictures as well as a few other categories. Yours doesn't?

Other apps I recommend? k-9 mail, chompSMS, AK notepad, momentflash, newspapers, Dolphin browser, astrid.

Have fun!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones