• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Apps Auto Uninstalling

Upvote 0
I had the sdcard issue, switch out my class 10 for a class 4 and haven't had any issues since. Never had the app uninstalling issue cause I caught wind of it early enough to know that I shouldn't install any apps to my sdcard.

I'm planning to get a Sandisk 64gb micro sdxc class 6 to use with Atrix 2. Would you possibly know if there will be issues that setup?

Upvote 0
Atrix 2 supports up to 32gb per their website. I think there may be two issues here installing apps to the sd card and problems (crashing) w/the class 10 cards. I installed class 10 cards in my and my wifes phones anyway and haven't had a problem on either phone. W/that said I didn't & don't plan to install any apps to the sd card, so, I've not had that problem to deal with.

Fomr what I've read class 6 cards haven't had any problems w/crashing. I can't remember what / if any other issues were w/the class 10 cards other than locking the phone up making the user reboot.

Upvote 0
I'm planning to get a Sandisk 64gb micro sdxc class 6 to use with Atrix 2. Would you possibly know if there will be issues that setup?
I don't know, but I do know Motorola says this device can support up to a 32gb card so you're definitely taking a chance by going 64. Feeling lucky?

I installed class 10 cards in my and my wifes phones anyway and haven't had a problem on either phone.

Fomr what I've read class 6 cards haven't had any problems w/crashing. I can't remember what/if any other issues were w/the class 10 cards other than locking the phone up making the user reboot.
Seems to me it's kind of hit or miss...I've heard of folks having a class 4 card that had the same problems my class 10 had, but they switched to a class 10 and it's all good, and vice versa. The fact that it's not a static issue tells me it's more likely to be an sdcard issue than a software issue, in regards to the sdcard not saving pics and not being recognized when hooked up to the pc. The issue of apps uninstalling when installed on the sdcard, def a software issue! My class 10 never locked my phone up or made me reboot, it just wouldn't save pics/screenshots or anything else to it, basically became unrecognized by the phone.

The 64gb cards work in many devices - even on something as old as the SGS1. They're just not officially supported. It would be such a waste if I can't install apps on a 64gb card and be forced to make do with the Atrix 2's internal storage.
Like we've said, do not install apps to the sdcard unless you don't mind them uninstalling after a reboot or after a pc connection, randomly in most cases.

Reactions: RingKing
Upvote 0
The fact that it's not a static issue tells me it's more likely to be an sdcard issue than a software issue, in regards to the sdcard not saving pics and not being recognized when hooked up to the pc.

I had come to a similiar conclusion, and actually bought two different "brands" of sd cards for our phones trying to hedge my bets a bit. I'm certainly no expert on sd cards but figured it couldn't hurt.

Upvote 0
I've had a couple apps magically 'uninstall' that weren't stored on the sd card (with 4GB of app space, I've no need to store them on the sd card). I cannot be certain if this was some issue with titanium backup interacting poorly with the market or what. The market itself also has the ability to uninstall apps from your phone, so it's not possible to be sure it is a bug with the atrix2 or not.

Upvote 0
I've had a couple apps magically 'uninstall' that weren't stored on the sd card (with 4GB of app space, I've no need to store them on the sd card). I cannot be certain if this was some issue with titanium backup interacting poorly with the market or what. The market itself also has the ability to uninstall apps from your phone, so it's not possible to be sure it is a bug with the atrix2 or not.

Are you 100% sure they weren't on the SD card? I don't put anything there, either, but a few games automatically install to the SD card, and you have to manually go move them back to the phone.

(Seriously, with 4 GB internal storage, few folks should be installing any apps to the SD card. I've got about 105 installed apps right now, and only 3.8 GB of storage space left....)

Upvote 0
(Seriously, with 4 GB internal storage, few folks should be installing any apps to the SD card. I've got about 105 installed apps right now, and only 3.8 GB of storage space left....)

I'm not sure about being ok with just 4gb. Newer games eat up a lot of storage. I think GT Racing Motor Academy needs about 1gb of space - and that's just 1 app! Backstab requires even more space I think.

Upvote 0
I have the same problem Now a days my what's app and AIDE IDE java compiler uninstall automatically again and again Same here I don,t know what happen to them. Please help me good to know that I install every thing like WhatsApp luky patcher c++ compiler or java ice etc to my SD card because I am using it as my internal memory as I m using marshmallow plz help me that how I stop them from deleting.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones