• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Apps Cannot Access Location

stucorbs

Lurker
Jul 10, 2013
Hi, I have a Galaxy S3 that was recently sent away to have a cracked screen repaired. Ever since I've had it back (and re-installed all of my apps after the phone was wiped) my apps don't seem to be able to access my location with the exception of anything made by Google. "Use wireless networks" is checked under location settings and even turning GPS doesn't help, the apps still prompt me to change my location settings.

For instance, I have an app that helps find the nearest pub with a certain beer. If I try to find my nearest pub it tells me it is unable to find my location, however when I open the map with all the pubs pinned on (runs through google maps) I can clearly see my location on there?

I've spent a while searching around for answers to no avail, hopefully someone can shed some light, thanks in advance.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones