Apps closing while typingSupport

Last Updated:

1. jacwashere7

jacwashere7 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I open google maps and when i go to type in the search field, the program just closes as if i hit the back key. No force closes. I open maps again and sometimes i get to type more or less than the previous try. i didnt mind it as i didnt use maps all that much but now i use this more and still has this issue. I just got it for the first time today trying to post on facebook status as well. Im running CM 6.0.0 FRG22D. BUT i have had this problem since i got the phone even when it was fully stock, this has been an issue with every ROM ive used ..BB's, Fabs, CM, UD.. does anyone have this problem or seen it before ? i found one case in another forum but it was never solved... thanks in advance

Advertisement
  2. nightelvesreasy

nightelvesreasy Well-Known Member

are you using the physical keyboard? if not ive had the same problem you do in the past, not sure if were in the same boat but when I type fast on the soft touch keyboard, i tend to hit the home key accidently when trying to hit space.

3. jacwashere7

no i am not using the physical keyboard , and i see your point but i would be typing and mid word this accurs , im not accidentally hitting the home key :(

4. nightelvesreasy

nightelvesreasy Well-Known Member

hmm that is strange, are you using just the stock keyboard app?

5. jacwashere7

yeah ive been using the stock and switched to others in the past as well... like i said i found a guy with the same problem in another forum from a few months ago but no one had ever responded back on his

6. monsterenergy22

monsterenergy22 Well-Known Member

I was about to post a thread for this, but then I found this one. Im getting this and it is getting very annoying especially when I need directions somewhere. If I reboot my phone I can use Maps one or two more times until it happens again. Any ideas anyone?

7. shadowdude777

shadowdude777 Well-Known Member

Probably a result of the Droid's horribly low memory and the task killer killing it off mid-use or something.

8. monsterenergy22

monsterenergy22 Well-Known Member

Thats what I was guessing but wasnt sure, thanks for the response!

9. jacwashere7

yeah I'm still having this issue mainly with maps and often with facebook. Since the day i posted the original thread till today. I've been flashing multiple roms and kernels and it still continues. I am currently on the latet nightly rom of CM7 and still see this issue to date with my device..

10. johnlgalt

johnlgalt Antidisestablishmentarian VIP Member

jac - how many SMS do you have in he phone?

Check your other apps as well - see which, if any, has a horrendously large amount of Cache built up.

11. jacwashere7

about 300 sms total, i usually do not have much cache built up. i use cachemate and it usually does a great job cleaning out my cache. most cache is stored on my sdcard including maps (i think)

12. johnlgalt

johnlgalt Antidisestablishmentarian VIP Member

Most of the Cache it removes are stored in the memory, the ones it does not (but can be set to removo) are SDCard.

Grab the free app AppBrain Android market | SMS Backup & Restore and backup those SMS and then delete them from your phone memory and reboot.

See what happens.

13. Saquibs2004

Saquibs2004 New Member

i think it's a problem with froyo and gingerbread...same thing was happening on my samsung captivate with every froyo and gingerbread roms so i switched back to eclair and no more problems.

i researched this quite a bit because it was bothering me so much. the android team has changed the app killing setting in froyo and gingerbread that it kills apps very easily.

14. watersrules

watersrules Well-Known Member

never had a problem until recently.. been a longtime BB user.. its freaking irritating. While in Maps, midway thru typing it just closes. Not necessarily a FC (I don't get an error message or anything), it just closes. Anyone figure this out?