• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Apps Compatibility Issue On Tablet

I recently purchased a mid range Android tablet to get a different feel to the Ipad market, which I also own. At the begining no issues whatsoever however I have noticed more and more that many of the apps from the android market or any of the other like opera etc... I am unable to install as i receive a message that my device is not compatible. My tablet is a brand called Bravus whom I have already raised the issue with and it is a 7" 3g tablet which operates on Androis 2.3.3. It is really frustrating to miss out on many good quality and necessary apps and makes the tablet a bit pointless can anyone help as far as sorting my issue.

Thanks

Welcome Michael!
Is this the one (or similar)?
Bravus Tablet Android BRV-Q689 de 4GB | Oooferton | Ofertas al Mejor precio
That screen shot of it looks hilarious. Combination of Sense and iOS.
Anyway, do you have access to the Play Store on it? Sometimes, some of these cheaper tablets don't. If you do, the problem may stem from it only being on 2.3.3. A lot of apps aren't compatible on my Nook Color because of that.
Are there any in particular that perhaps we could find a substitute for?

Upvote 0
Hi Thanks for your reply, it did come with the official android market to start of with then recently upgraded to the Play Store. I have now had a poor response from the manufacturers saying its nothing to do with their tablet but with the Android plaform installed on it. Then in that case if its a software issue it should have a solutionm, which unfortunately they have none to offer. The apps are getting more and more frequent the ones which I cant install.
Thanks

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones